Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-03-2012, 05:40 PM

Default MSSA fishing information

I don't know if I'm the one that should be giving out info because we have been struggling this week. However, someone said on one of my previous posts they were going to look for a post from me today, and look for information.
Well get a piece of paper and a pencil and get ready to write down the most important thing I can tell you about fishing the tournament.

GET THERE EARLY

I know they have a time listed as to when lines can go in the water. Be at your spot where you want to fish. Drop lines as soon as possible.

We have had an early bite. We leave the dock at 6am and run to our fishing spot and drop lines and put several fish in the boat before the spread is all the way out. We pick up another fish or two as we troll in the early morning. By 9 or 9:30; we are done.
We may pick up another fish or two after that, but they have been UNDERS that go back overboard. Maybe a late fish around noon, but nothing like the morning.

Today we were between bloody point and poplar island. We wound up with three nice fish and an under.

5 or 6 bars off the boards seems hot (in the am). I did get a nice fish off a deep umbrella (20 oz and back 75 ft) today.

Good luck, we have tomorrow off, we will be out Saturday. If you see Patent Pending, give us a wave.

5th (Marty)
Old 05-04-2012, 03:27 PM

Thanks for the report Marty, Im not in the tourney but your post explaines some of my troubles lately..We had been doing well north of C.B. in 40' but that seems to have come to an end. Tight lines Jimmy
Old 05-05-2012, 05:56 PM

Today (Sat) we did real well; limited out with our party. We had to drop them off in the Severn River, so we fished north. We were about a couple miles south of Thomas Point in 35-45 ft of water. All fish were between 33 and 36 inches. Not tournament fish, but fun to catch anyway.

The planers were the most productive, but some did hit umbrella's. Umb's with no weight back 180 and 200 were hot also.

No charter tomorrow, I sleep in.

5th (Marty)
Old 05-05-2012, 07:50 PM

Dropped them off in the Severn - damn , you guys are tough on a charter that is late

Shame diesel is so expensive - Severn is nice river to cruise.

Congrats on a limit - on a tournament Saturday no less
Old 05-05-2012, 08:07 PM

Marty,

Sounds like a good day was had by all...And the above the bridge bite was similar to the one below...

Make sure you tell John that those spoon umbrellas of his worked out well today...

Tried for bottom fish (perch, hardhead, spot) for about an hour...Got two perch to show for it...Hopefully another week and we see some change...

Mike
Old 05-06-2012, 08:17 AM

Skip; the boat was full of women. Their community had a little tournament among themselves (men vs women). The men went out in their private boats and the women hired us to take them out. When we dropped them off at their community pier, the women were still ahead (biggest fish) of the men. We had our limit by 12; the men were still out fishing

They had a great time. They all thought they had caught the biggest fish of their life. AND, it was a crabcake cruise. John cooked them a great lunch on the boat and it was a wonderful day on the water. Calm seas, lunch, and a limit of fish.

Mike, I'm glad Captain John's spoonbrellas worked for you. He will be selling them May 14th at the PSG meeting when I give a talk on "Fish Handlers Disease".

5th (Marty)
Old 05-07-2012, 07:05 PM

SO um....any pictures from this charter Marty?

That sounds like a cool trip......It has to be fun and a little exciting to have a trip that's totally different from the normal 6 to 8 guys drinking beer and telling tall tales.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Skip; the boat was full of women. Their community had a little tournament among themselves (men vs women). The men went out in their private boats and the women hired us to take them out. When we dropped them off at their community pier, the women were still ahead (biggest fish) of the men. We had our limit by 12; the men were still out fishing

They had a great time. They all thought they had caught the biggest fish of their life. AND, it was a crabcake cruise. John cooked them a great lunch on the boat and it was a wonderful day on the water. Calm seas, lunch, and a limit of fish.

Mike, I'm glad Captain John's spoonbrellas worked for you. He will be selling them May 14th at the PSG meeting when I give a talk on "Fish Handlers Disease".

5th (Marty)

You will NEVER get rid of those women Marty.Ain't it easy to make evry one elses wife happy!...........Gary