Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-15-2015, 05:19 PM

Default Last Trophy Report?

Hit he water out of Deale, about 6:15 am. Had report that south was where we needed to go. Just stopped a bit too short

We had a southwest wind (7-8 mph) which was predicted to be 2-3 mph
We also had an outgoing tide. A little bumpy.
I had some info that said to work around the CR Buoy. We set lines alongside a charter Captain I know (Doug Coulson) and he trolled south while I trolled north. He had 11 knockdowns, 8 fish to the boat and 5 keepers. We had 4 fish (3 in slot) and one over keeper. All my fish came off boards back 4-5 bars during the outgoing tide. When tide turned, we didn't pick up anything else. I should have reset the side we caught, as almost all lines were now 6 bars back:roll eyes:
I had an inexperienced crew and didn't want to leave the wheel for too long. I could kick myself on hindsight. I truly believe we missed another couple of fish by not resetting.
Mlag was in the same general area and last I heard he had 5; with one being 25 inches. He told me he was going to keep it in the live well until tomorrow

Looks like the best bite for me was in 45 ft of water. marked a lot of bait. We did better than a lot out there today, but not what I was hoping for. I would have taken 6-8 big fish as a really nice day.

Stick all them fish in the box tomorrow!!!
No jellies to speak of out there. Have fun tomorrow. I may be headed "home" to Bodkin Creek early next week. I can't thank Tawn enough for sharing his slip with me for Trophy season.
5th
Old 05-15-2015, 07:46 PM

Nice day.Thanks for the report. I have parties Saturday and Sunday. Will try to post after each trip. Rigged some of the boat rods with spoon bars and spoonbrellas. I'll let you know how they hold up !!

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 05-16-2015, 06:34 AM

We look forward to seeing you "back home" !
Old 05-16-2015, 08:22 AM

Nice report, Marty.
Bruce - looking forward to your weekend reports telling me that I won't have to run south of CR buoy on Monday.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:46 PM

Dang them 25 inchers sure do eat good Just kidding. He better not let me catch him tomorrow