Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-11-2012, 03:22 PM

Default Ran the boat today

My wife and older daughter had "book club" at our house today with a bunch of other ladies and their daughters so I took the opportunity to run the boat. It hasnt been wet since Jan 10th. I hooked up to the boat and grabbed my son and younger daughter and off we went. Other than a peskty error code on the volvo QL trim tab, she is ready to go! (of course a bath wouldnt hurt either). We ran from SPSP to downtown Annapolis and up the Severn some. On the way back we crossed the bay looking for bait pods. We didnt see a lot of them but we did mark bait. Time to decide what lures I am going to ruin by mashing the barbs. Wed weather looks to be calling me
Old 03-11-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
My wife and older daughter had "book club" at our house today with a bunch of other ladies and their daughters so I took the opportunity to run the boat. It hasnt been wet since Jan 10th. I hooked up to the boat and grabbed my son and younger daughter and off we went. Other than a peskty error code on the volvo QL trim tab, she is ready to go! (of course a bath wouldnt hurt either). We ran from SPSP to downtown Annapolis and up the Severn some. On the way back we crossed the bay looking for bait pods. We didnt see a lot of them but we did mark bait. Time to decide what lures I am going to ruin by mashing the barbs. Wed weather looks to be calling me
Decent day to be out there too. I saw a couple of fishing boats running the Severn right around 5:00pm as I was crossing on Rte 50.

Was the bait that you marked holding really deep?
Old 03-12-2012, 01:26 PM

I was all set to head out yesterday, had a crew and everything rigged. Then Florida State beat Duke on Saturday, so I told my friends I wasn't feeling well so I could stay home and watch my "NOLES" beat North Carolina. It looked to be a beautiful day out, part of me wished I would have gone. There is always next weekend.
John
Old 03-15-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I was going out the same time as you then, 18' trophy walkaround. I also saw you coming in yesterday afternoon as I was going out...

How did you end up doing, saw some LTJ rods on the boat there . I marked a bunch of fish around the western shore rockpile, and north of the bridge on the channel edge, couldn't buy a bite...
Old 03-15-2012, 01:02 PM

We didnt fish Sunday. I pulled a couple of rods out but I had my 5 year old daughter with us so stopping to jig in the chop of the day wouldnt have worked out.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
We didnt fish Sunday. I pulled a couple of rods out but I had my 5 year old daughter with us so stopping to jig in the chop of the day wouldnt have worked out.
Sorry, I meant yesterday... I passed you yesterday again as I was leaving the launch, you were just heading in. Sunday was rough, I could hardly set up a drift to attempt to fish. Yesterday was about perfect!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:47 PM

Yes. we fished yesterday with no luck. We were told of a couple of fish and bait south but we did nothing. We didnt even find the pods of bait I hoped for. It is the first skunk i have taken since 2010. I think we over-shot where the fish were too
Old 03-15-2012, 03:48 PM

Chester River. Up to 36"
Old 03-15-2012, 05:24 PM

Reds, I am sure you meant outside the Chester as the Chester is closed to even fishing for stripers. I know you are on top of regulations.

I know the fish are around even as far north as the bridge (and even above). A long over due skunk was in order for me though. Hopefully I am all caught up for a while.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 03-15-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Reds, I am sure you meant outside the Chester as the Chester is closed to even fishing for stripers. I know you are on top of regulations.

I know the fish are around even as far north as the bridge (and even above). A long over due skunk was in order for me though. Hopefully I am all caught up for a while.
Every year Rock come in thru the canal and exit the same way. Both spring and fall.

If you know what you are doing, trolling the mouth of the Chester can catch a few.

The Chester River is closed for Rock fish only. Not other species.