Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 03-15-2012, 07:45 PM

Default All Quiet on the Bay Bridge Front

I couldn't resist the warm weather and day off combo. We decided to drop the boat in for the first time this year. Having just moved from the west coast, I'm getting adjusted to CB fishing so take my words with a grain of salt. We hit the eastern portion of the bridge and drifted through pilings, jigging bucktail/BKD and didn't come up with anything. Water temp was in the low 50s and I marked some fish around 30-40 feet. Visibility was less than 2 feet deep. Hopefully better luck will come later. Have fun out there!

-Brian
Old 03-15-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherneck21 View Post
I couldn't resist the warm weather and day off combo. We decided to drop the boat in for the first time this year. Having just moved from the west coast, I'm getting adjusted to CB fishing so take my words with a grain of salt. We hit the eastern portion of the bridge and drifted through pilings, jigging bucktail/BKD and didn't come up with anything. Water temp was in the low 50s and I marked some fish around 30-40 feet. Visibility was less than 2 feet deep. Hopefully better luck will come later. Have fun out there!

-Brian
Welcome aboard and welcome to MD.

Your report matches another that I heard from a friend who went out today. We caught 5 fatties a few miles south of where you fished, and I think the fish are making their way north.

My guess is that if you go out again this weekend (weather premitting) and do the same things you did today you'll probably see some some fish on your boat.

Thanks for the report.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:46 PM

First - welcome.

2nd - It's often tough jigging fish right now.

They are spread out - one reason most guys troll - to cover a lot of water.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:40 PM

Thanks alot for your welcoming comments and advice, guys. I'll be out there and hopefully have success. Take care!
Old 03-17-2012, 06:22 PM

hmmm... I have been debating all afternoon whether to haul out a board and 6 rods tomorrow, or keep the LT rods on the boat and jig tomorrow morning... Why is this decision so hard!

Think I may throw the trolling gear in the cuddy, just in case

Also. Welcome to MD. Aside from the cost of living, its a great state! This August will mark my third year living here.