Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 06-18-2017, 09:59 AM

Default Chunking and Trolling June 17th

Headed out to a favorite spot near Love Point and tried chunking for about 45 minutes with no luck, picked up the gear and headed south of the fleet off of Swan Point. First fish hit in less than 5 minutes and then a steady bite of fish around 21 to 23 continued for about 2 hours...Hooked up just about every 10 to 15 minutes, was not trying hard, was very relaxing....

Waves seemed to lay down for quite a while. The wind was really blowing out of the south for a while. After a couple hours of chunking and the wind picking up a little I decided to troll some light tackle back towards home.

Put out a 4oz bucktail, 6 oz bucktail, a pair of matching tandems and a 6" drone spoon with a 4 oz inline....Caught a couple of school sized fish before I came across a group of about 50 dolphins...Put in in neutral to take some video, waited the school out and continued on...The dolphins kicked up a lot of shredded fish parts as they past by and I could see some stripers starting to school up around the chum. All of the sudden the rod with the drone WWB bent and a nice 30" fat striper came to the boat...

All in all a nice day, as usual the weatherman did not get it right...As I headed home the wind really picked up and I was glad I made the decision to head home...