Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-12-2015, 07:59 AM

Default Veterans Day

Well this is my first post on this site, as I have been lurking for about a month since I first learned about this site from Marty at the last MSSA Brodneck meeting on spoonbrellas. I have been on some of the other sites (TF, Hull Truth), so I will reintroduce myself on this site. First, my name is Chad and I just bought my boat, a 21' Seafox walk around. I have a baby blue colored hull, so if you see me on the water, please say hi. I normally monitor 68, but sometimes it gets to be too much, so I just switch to 9/16. I keep my boat at Podickory, which has been good to me so far and I have met some good people, especially Mickey Finns, who I believe many of you know. I don't get out as much as I want because I am often lacking a fishing partner and I do not like e idea of going out alone. So, if anyone ever needs an "amateur" fishing partner, let me know. Alright now that we have that out of the way, here is a report from my first ever LTJ trip yesterday.

I decided to venture out yesterday and caught about a dozen shorts and two 22" fish. The weather was a little snotty, but tucked behind Gibson island it stayed "fishable". Lots of birds the closer we got to the Patapsco, but we had some luck with and without the birds. We caught the keepers on jig heads, a white and a candy corn, and a white and a chartreuse BKD.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:12 AM

Welcome Chad. Man, after monitoring this site for a month, you should know better than telling them I recommended you

But seriously, glad to have you aboard. Many of us monitor 72 because as you say, 68 can get crazy. When you are out, just throw out a general "any CBA's on 72" from your radio and we will get back to you.

We have a good group of guys spread up and down the bay from the Key Bridge to Tilghman Island. That covers a lot of good fishing grounds

Maybe we will see you enter the mini tournament? At least show up by car to have some "fireball's" and a hotdog Introduce yourself to everyone.

p.s.
That goes for every one. If you can't fish the tournament, be sure to show up at the marina and say hi
5th
Old 11-12-2015, 09:36 AM

[QUOTE=

Maybe we will see you enter the mini tournament? At least show up by car to have some "fireball's" and a hotdog Introduce yourself to everyone.

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't sure how tight the group was and welcoming to newcomers, so I will definitely consider the upcoming tournament. Thanks for extending the invite! I will likely be a last minute decision, as the boat is only 21' with no enclosure (other than the small cuddy cabin), so I have to pick my days.