Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-31-2012, 03:07 PM

Default My Faith Continues, Kinda....

Saturday at o dark thirty left Mo Co headed for the Promise Land.

Arrived at 9 AM and quickly hit the Bay side. Lotta trollers about four miles from Bridge, kinda near Cabbage Patch area, if you know where that is.

Nothing to write home about.. Went to Bridge and picked at the pilings, again, nothing to write home about. Lost major patience, ( which is something we all agreed to work on) and went ocean side. And just wasted a lot of fuel.

Then my dear friend dick head calls, and he's all over them...

But we are twenty miles away **** !!!!

So we finally get there, and pick a few here and there. Phil had a 39 and 15/16",

I bet him a six pack it wasn;t 40" so I won.. WOO HOO...

I picked up a respectable 36.. Couple here couple there, nothing to write home about.

We decided to pack it up, head North to Chinco. Got Gas, lunch, a decent dinner, and stayed at COmfort Inn Bayside. Whatta BARGAIN. $60 for two queen beds, and breakfast. Flat Screen, nice view, etc.. Don;t forget about this place, because we wont.

Launched out of Chinco at 8:00 AM. Wind was blowing all night, it was cold. So we let the blow die down and the sun warm us up. Headed NOrth out of Inlet for 15 miles and finally found the mother load of Gannets.

Much like at CBBT lots of birds, but not a whole lot of fish. This was different thou, many many more fish caught. No monsters, mostly in the 32 to 36 range, but whose complaining ? Probably caught about 75/80 fish. Finished the day at 2, home by 8...

NICE WEEKEND!!!! and my faith continues.....

Last edited by Blakesdad; 01-31-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:51 PM

I gotta try that sometime. I've never fished for rock south of Smith Point (Virginia/Maryland line).
With the weather so warm this year, it sounds like the fish are stacked up off the mouth of the bay.
Last year it was cold enough to push them south to North Carolina.

Keep these reports coming. I had to fish Beechwood Park off the Magothy River for white perch, yellows, and pickeral (and it wasn't a good day). Too soon I guess for them to come in and spawn.

I hope I can jump on someone's boat at the power plant for some decent pullage. Last year, Walleye Pete and I fished there in the cold and snow on Jan 31 and caught fish up to 42 inches Heck; we even had duck hunters shooting near us. This year, it's 62* and I'm casting shad darts!!!

5th (Marty)
Old 01-31-2012, 07:14 PM

Brian I hope you're getting a GOOD six pack of beer.

Congrats on a very cool sounding trip. I'm green with envy....or it might be from this crappy bottle of wine I'm drinking.

Marty we need to convince Capt John to get out soon and do some pre-season scouting. I can be in Deale in less than 25 minutes. And I bring coffee and pastries.

With some of these great reports comes the instinct to post more in the "2012 Predictions" thread. We talked a lot about conditions of the bay and touched on WP fishing, but I don't think any of us really put the pedal to the metal on what we think the rockfishing will hold. Y'all are keeping my spirits up, so PLEASE keep reporting in on what's happening out there.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:16 PM

be barry barry quiet...i huntin wabbits...