Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-14-2015, 07:09 AM
Administrator

Hey guys, I am excited to see you getting this together and will help any way possible. If you do it on Saturday I will not be able to attend, but if it is on Sunday I can. I'll be traveling back from Boston sat. Regardless, I am happy to donate the bulk of the food and beer. I can likely have one of my employees bring everything up. I can also get a nice prize from a supplier, like maybe a Lowrance HDS unit. I can probably get a lot of prizes from a lot of manufacturers. So let me know how I can help. My email is jim@boemarine.com

One suggestion I have is to update the first post on this thread with the location, time, schedule, and members attending. If you guys want to make it even bigger I am happy to send out an email blast to thousands of bay fisherman, and a Facebook post. Just don't know if you want to keep it exclusive, or "the more the merrier". I am at your service.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Nut View Post
Add another boat to the fleet. A few buddies saw my post needing a crew, a decided to jump in and enjoy the spectacle : an entire boat full of DENA
9) FishNut (Rob)
Old 11-14-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtjim View Post
Hey guys, I am excited to see you getting this together and will help any way possible. If you do it on Saturday I will not be able to attend, but if it is on Sunday I can. I'll be traveling back from Boston sat. Regardless, I am happy to donate the bulk of the food and beer. I can likely have one of my employees bring everything up. I can also get a nice prize from a supplier, like maybe a Lowrance HDS unit. I can probably get a lot of prizes from a lot of manufacturers. So let me know how I can help. My email is jim@boemarine.com

One suggestion I have is to update the first post on this thread with the location, time, schedule, and members attending. If you guys want to make it even bigger I am happy to send out an email blast to thousands of bay fisherman, and a Facebook post. Just don't know if you want to keep it exclusive, or "the more the merrier". I am at your service.
Jim; Holy crap What do you think we are, a bunch of college kids that need free tuition and a release from our student loans
Seriously, we never asked you for anything because I for one feel like we "mooch" off of you enough. I think this is a great site and there is no "sign up" fee.
I'll talk to the "committee", but you can be sure we won't turn down any assistance. Some food and beer sounds great to me. Prizes sound even better. I suspect we will be keeping it low key this year. We don't have any "land" committee to organize back at the marina while the rest of us fish. Hell, we all want to fish
I'll talk to the two Mikes and get back to you either by phone, or you know me, ride down to see you.
Thanks again for the generous offer.
5th (Marty)
Old 11-14-2015, 10:24 AM

My vote would be to keep it simple and low-keyed for this initial one. Maybe we iron out whatever "kinks" arise this round, and then look at a bigger one in the spring? That way there would be time to put something decent sized together. With only maybe a dozen boats, save the good prizes for a bigger turn out???

Thanks for hosting the site and the very generous offer Jim, you're a true gentleman!! (Some of the friends I've made thru here are prize enough)

Ps- by "kinks" I mean stuff like the 5th crying when he loses!

Old 11-14-2015, 10:49 AM

I DO NOT CRY; I have been know to pout

5th
Old 11-14-2015, 11:15 AM

Jim,

Had a great suggestion...Marty, Mike when we finalize everything we should put up a sticky post with all the info...

Should also include language like sponsored by BOE Marine as well.

Mike
Old 11-14-2015, 12:50 PM

Fishing, food, beer, and prizes? Ok add me to the list. So far I am fishing solo so if anyone is willing to slum it in an open center console and is looking for a ride send me a message. I'm also looking for crew for mssa if interested.

Jim, thanks for the generosity. I also think low key may be the way to go this time. I think "official" tournaments need dnr approval. Greg may have more accurate insight on this.
Old 11-14-2015, 03:13 PM

Damn I'm on call this weekend and had to work today. What a generous contribution Jim wants to put up here! I am in desperate need of new electronics, but, however I do agree with everyone else I think we need to keep this first tournament as simple as possible with the few boats that we have and save a big prize package such as Jim has offered for a future tournament. Believe me this offer is greatly appreciated but again I think it should be saved for a larger and better tournament next year. As for a spring tourney, I am all for it but again if Jim is up for a donation such as he has offered we should save it for a fall tournament where people that don't have a way or means to travel south for the bigger spring run fish have a more even playing field. Just my thoughts but let's get through this one first! Jim again I thank you for the generous offer but I think a tournament of this size that we are trying to keep small would not generate enough edvertisment for you to warrent such a great prize package. On the other hand if you have t shirts hats or whatever kind of advertisement things you could donate that would be great. If so you can e mail me at schulte33@verizon.net and I can arrange to get them from you. Again I thank you and all involved in getting this tourney going. I hope I have not upset anyone for this contribution but I just don't think it would be fair to Jim and BOE marine to offer such a great prize package for this small of a tournament.
As a side line though I will be contacting you Jim this winter about upgrading my electronics. Thank you again for such a generous offer, maybe next year. Keep up with the great work of this site, we all have made great friendships because of it!!!!
Old 11-14-2015, 04:42 PM

10) Mark1234 (Mark)
Old 11-15-2015, 09:06 AM

Alright we got out ten that means three way split. No need to stop there though? Come on and keep them coming, the more that sign up now means more money in my pocket! Oops I meant your pocket!