Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 12-21-2014, 05:16 PM

Default Plo 12/20

Ran a trip for a party of 4 south of the Va line. We had high hopes based on the trips previously to southern MD over the last month or so. However, yesterday was tough for us. We worked all day to squeeze out a limit of 8 fish. Fish were smaller than previous trips and short striking a lot. We missed a number of fish. We did release several unders and a keeper that came very early in hopes of larger fish.

On the way down we ran over the area that had been so hot for us and had our fishfinder light up. I so desperately wanted to run up there but we had fish in the box as we hooked 3 fish on the first pass, putting one in the box, released a keeper, and losing one. However I spoke to Walleye Pete on the cell phone and he had been 15 miles south of the Rap and ended up by us with no fish to show for it. He ran to our MD hot spot and said they caught and released 50 fish or so. Unfortunately that bite was not south of the line. If you want to catch and release, the bit is still hot in MD waters but the fish seem to know where the line is. At least Saturday they did..

It was a Judge show down there. I saw mitigator, Breakaway, walleyepete, and a red older 28 Judge(eastern), and another 27 Chesapeake that I didn't know.

I am supposed to fish down there 23, 26 &27. We will see how the weather and bite does as the water temps have hit 42 degrees.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1220.jpg (28.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg p1.jpg (84.8 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by B-Faithful; 12-21-2014 at 07:57 PM.