Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-10-2012, 06:04 PM

Default 11/10...Missed it by THAT much !!

What a differance a day makes ! We had a party (local family) on board today. We left the dock confident that we could repeat yesterdays success without much trouble. Somebody forgot to tell the fish
It was very slow today for everyone that we talked to. Guys were running all the way from Oxford down to False Channel and BACK !! By 10am we only had 4 in the box but others were skunked We resisted the temptation to join the migration West and stayed put where we were. We picked up a fish here and there the whole day. Never had more then 1 rod go down and had no doubles at all. At 2:30 in the afternoon we had 11 fish to 26" in the box and needed 1 more for the limit. We told the folks that we had to quit at 3pm. No problem there , they were tired. At 10min to 3 the 12th fish hit This fish was exactly 17" We missed the limit by 1 INCH
No complaints here or from the party, it was a beautiful day, everyone caught fish, most important...we all had fun
Old 11-10-2012, 06:45 PM

No question it was slow today. We picked up a few, but not what we were hoping for either. Once, we passed by you today and I threw the binoculars up to take a look at your "secret" lure, but you kept hiding it under your jacket so we couldn't see.

There sure were a lot of boats distributed throughout the Choptank.

Looks like we will be off the water for a while. No charters until next Friday.

We had a lot of boats keeping us informed of their progress today. Thanks to all of them for their help. I appreciate the information.

5th (Marty)
Old 11-10-2012, 08:59 PM

Charlie Congrats on the good day...

From the folks I talked to today, it sounds like you may have out done them all combined....

Scott and I were in the upper bay and were only able to bring in 2 keepers in 6+ hours...Certainly not what I thought the day would be like....

Will say this though, was one heck of a beautiful day to be on the water...Cant ask much more for November..

Our fish came in less than 15' of water today...Not many boats out above the bridge...Temps shifted from 48.5 in the AM to 51 in the PM....These cool nights and fresh water are lowering the temps quick....