Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 10-20-2016, 02:02 PM

Default Dang

Can't use harsher language on the forum

Readers Digest version of Tues./Wed.
My transducers were fouled (looked like they were wearing a fur coat), and I was losing bottom and signal whenever faster than 10mph
I have a friend working at a marina and he said to stop in, he would lift the boat with the forklift and we could clean the duckers
Having done that, we needed to fish to check their usefulness. Dale and I ran just out front of the Bodkin and picked up two nice 22 inch fish for Dale's dinner.

Bruce (Hook Em) was out that day and only produced 4 keepers as well. So, when my friend Lou wanted to trailer his boat for some action, I convinced him to launch south at Chesapeake Beach.
Anyone who knows Lou, knows he wants fish in the box or it's a wasted trip. Well, it was a wasted trip. We ran up into the Choptank where some charter friends of mine were producing just days earlier.
We boated 6 fish just under legal limit and never saw another boat (charters included) boat a fish for the box.

We tried in the river, mouth of river, middle of bay, and finally western side off Breezy Point.

No birds to speak of, and not much bait on the surface. Most bait stayed low that day.

Just posting to give you guys something to read, and console my friends that are putting a lot of effort into just a few fish.

It has to get better; I hope
5th
Old 10-20-2016, 06:31 PM

Yea, no sh?$ ! One can only hope! But I'm glad Dale got the transducer straightened out for you. He is a great guy that will help with whatever is needed! Maybe you should have left that "fur coat on", at least you had better marks with it?
Old 10-21-2016, 03:26 PM

That stuff has really been bad for the last couple of years. I call it moss, I don't know what it is officially. It doesn't grow very much on my regular bottom paint, but I started using the zinc spray paint on my transducers and underwater metals several years ago because the barnacles were so bad. The zinc works great for the barnacles and everything else except this moss.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:11 PM

I had the same luck as you on Thursday afternoon...Got out for a couple of hours...Saw a good amount of bait below the surface, and some pools on the top...

Spent most of my time along the channel edges from Rock Hall to Love Point....

Got one 19" fish and a few dinks...

With the amount of fish I was seeing on the sonar I would have thought there would be a lot more action, but it seemed like they all had lock jaw.

Weather looks poor tomorrow and Sunday looks breezy but at least the wind is looking like it will be coming from the west...I might try again then....

Not going to have too many more days this year so I might have to stop being so picky about the days I go...