Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-22-2010, 10:02 AM

Smile Solomons fishing report

The wife & I fished the Patuxent river thurs & fri. thurs we spent the day searching the bay for life just north of 74 we saw birds working and small fish breaking the surface, we tried keeping up with them but they we're gone in no time with no hook ups. After grabbing something to eat at Clarkes Landing we tried a few points with the world famous garlic shrimp, the first point produced a small striper & four med sized croaker, fishing was slow so we moved to the next point which also produced a small striper & 28 more croaker from 11" TO 15". we grabbed a nap in a quiet cove then headed home. we we're supposed to stop at Marty's to pick up smoke flares he ordered but we forgot. No sign of spot in the river where we we're & saw very little life in the bay.

Last edited by Doggydaddy; 05-22-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:22 PM

Forrest; glad you had some action; and caught some fish too. Sometimes those "naps" in a quiet cove are worth the trip.

Now it makes sense when Shorty called me the other night and asked if I had the "smoke signals" you ordered. I laughed because I thought she was pulling my leg. So it was "Marty's Bait Shop" she was trying to call; not me.

I guess the raw water washdown connections worked out well.

Thanks for the report; 5th (Marty)
Old 05-22-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Forrest; glad you had some action; and caught some fish too. Sometimes those "naps" in a quiet cove are worth the trip.

Now it makes sense when Shorty called me the other night and asked if I had the "smoke signals" you ordered. I laughed because I thought she was pulling my leg. So it was "Marty's Bait Shop" she was trying to call; not me.

I guess the raw water washdown connections worked out well.

Thanks for the report; 5th (Marty)
Marty:
I guess she had the two Marty's mixed up. I can't tell you how relieved the through hull didn't leak, the raw water wash down actually works