Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2010, 04:19 AM

Default Fishing Report: Floundering in Chinco

Flounderfest 2010 was a HUGE success, for Team Dem Maryland Boys this past weekend. Crew consisted of Hillbilly Boater, Jim Hensley, myself and scab Timbo, in place of Rattletrap.

On Tim's ride, 23' Parker, which is perfect for flounder fishing.

Tim and Jack fished solo Friday, with minimal results. STIFF winds all day. They did finish off with 22" doormat towards the end of the day. Saturdays forecast, and Hensley and I coming down on Saturday morning, proved much better.

Thats until we got on the water ! Winds would just not let up. A falling tide in the AM, the AM session couldn;t suck enough. Around noon, we followed Team Natural Light, Terpheels, Shady Grady and two guys whose name escapes me right now, ( Lance was one)to the 175 Bridge, winds finally let up and Dem Maryland Boys finally figured out a good drift. And the flounder Gods rewarded us with some decent pullage for three hours, yielding 7 keepers over 20", and probably 18 throwbacks.

Team Backyard Rods was floating around us somewhere. Steve and Co had a difficult day. Natural Light could have gotten into the flow, but the Captain forgot to look at the fuel gauge.... Ooppsy !!!!!

Saturday night, home base was Terpheel Robs Chinco home. Rob was a gracious host, and prepared a Crab Feast second to none. Pat and Mike provided the Stand Up entertainment. Until you party with Pat, you have not partied. He's hysterical. And you can imagine, the beers were plentiful.

Sunday morning was a little foggy, at least in my head anyway. So instead of coffee, I just started drinking again....

Headed back out by 7:30. To catch the last of the incoming tide. Found a sand bar, and many many more boats. The locals know their ****. One boat was tearing them up, and I mean tearing them up. We FINALLY figured what the hell they were doing. " Back Trolling". So after a ugly morning of a few throw backs and " wet pants", we started to back troll. I wasn;t up for fishing, so I took the helm and started bumping the boat in and out of reverse. Hensley was on fire. About 9 in three hours. Jack finally got into the act, with a few keepers. Tide changed and so did our thought process. I finally got back in the saddle and picked about three or four. Tim got into the action also.

Baits were mostly Shiners and some hefty Smelts. Minnows caught a few also.

Looking at a long ride home, we pulled up at 4:30. Cleaned up, had dinner and departed. I got home at 10 after dropping Hensley off. Guessing Jack and Tim got home by 11.

Overall, easily the best Flounderfest ever. The originally concept six years ago was to spend the weekend amongst friends, and MAYBE catch a few flounder. The bar has been raised.

Many many thanks to Rob. I haven't seen Rob in awhile and it was great to catch up with him. My opinion of Chinco flounder has changed 180 degrees,for the better.

Last edited by Blakesdad; 04-12-2010 at 04:26 AM.