Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-21-2017, 07:09 PM

Default Mako Mike in Hospital

I received a text from Mako Mikes daughter today the Mike was in surgery. It seems a work accident broke his leg, and he was getting a rod inserted at Shock Trauma this afternoon.
Mike wanted her to contact me because he has the entry money (award money) and he wanted to try to get it to me before the tournament.
I told her to NOT worry about the tournament and to concentrate on her dad. I told her that everyone entered if friends with each other, and if the weather allows the tournament to take place, we could mail the winnings to the anglers.

I will keep you posted (or if anyone else hears of Mikes condition). Keep Mike in your prayers. Weather permitting, I will see those entered at Atlantic Marine Resort at check-in time.

Marty
Old 11-22-2017, 10:48 AM

That SUCKS.

But of course you're spot on about the tourney money. A few hundred bucks isn't a big deal; it's more important that Mike not worry about such a trivial thing.

On a side note, despite the ferocious winds yesterday we went out for about 6 hours. Found a few fish, but not in any of the "usual" spots and definitely not tourney winners.....lol.
Weather is looking great for Saturday as of this morning.

Best wishes to Mike for an easy and 100% recovery.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:06 PM

Update on Mike.
Surgery was more than expected Besides the rod inserted, he had a lot of muscle and tendon damage; on top of that, his kneecap was shattered and pieced back together.
His daughter relayed that the doctors said he was going to have a long recovery. I have a card for all of us to sign at the weigh-in.
I may even have to put my beer down and hoist a Captain Morgan and rum to Mike's health

I know Mike will read this sometime in the future, I hope he doesn't mind me posting the extent of his injuries. Lots of people are texting me and asking.

Get well soon,
5th
Old 11-22-2017, 04:07 PM

Mike you need to get better fast.... None of us want to see Captain Morgan go out of business!

Get better...
Old 11-24-2017, 09:12 AM

Thanks for the well wishes guys, it really helps when you have your friends support. Still in a lot of pain but they do have me up in a chair and walking. Will see therapist again today and then a decision will be made as to weather I go home for therapy or to rehab. center. All in all since my leg was literally hanging on by some tissue things are going well. The last I heard my boat will be captained by dale and still fish the tournament Saturday with the remaining crew we had, I may by down but I’m not out! With any luck I may see you all at the check in. Thanks again guys for the support and will keep you posted.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:44 AM

Good to hear from you, Mike!

Hope you get well really soon.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako mike View Post
Thanks for the well wishes guys, it really helps when you have your friends support. Still in a lot of pain but they do have me up in a chair and walking. Will see therapist again today and then a decision will be made as to weather I go home for therapy or to rehab. center. All in all since my leg was literally hanging on by some tissue things are going well. The last I heard my boat will be captained by dale and still fish the tournament Saturday with the remaining crew we had, I may by down but I’m not out! With any luck I may see you all at the check in. Thanks again guys for the support and will keep you posted.
Sounds like you messed it up real good. I wish you a speedy recovery buddy!! Yakutsk make sure to be as good as new when the season reopens this Spring. I hear Capt Morgan has healing powers ....

Old 11-24-2017, 07:20 PM

Was released from trauma center this evening and am at home. My boat is still in tournament just less me. May see you all at the weigh in!
Old 11-24-2017, 09:26 PM

Glad to hear you made it home.