Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-06-2013, 07:20 PM

Default 11/6/13 Good Day

Had a good day trolling today. Caught 8 fish, kept 6. We wound up with a 34,24,24,23,23,22
I had a friend from Hancock, Md. come down and he wanted a 30 inch fish No pressure there. I have been trolling just boat rods, but I figured I better put out a couple board rods just in case. The plan was to only put out three board rods on each side; this way, if those pesky 17-19 inch fish didn't pop the clip, I could wind the clips back toward the boat, release the clip by hand, and send the two fishless clips back down the line

I had a mix of storms, bucktails, and Captain John spoons in the spread. Nothing caught exclusively. Most fish came off the boards Lots of bait out there. I started thinking there was too much bait, they didn't want my artificial crap
First two fish were 23-24 inches. Pop, (love that sound) goes a planer clip and drag gets pulled. First thing I did was look to see how much water we were in. Thought maybe we hooked a pot My friend says "this ones mine", and grabs the rod. As he fights the fish, he starts dipping the rod tip. Keep A Tight Line, a yell to the stern. He tightens down the drag and starts gaining line. Out of my periferal vision, I see a big tanker go past us (maybe a mile away) and he looks to be going fast. I swing the boat slowly (running boards) and try to keep the fish clear of lines and get my stern to the wake. The fish gets about a hundred feet from my stern and we watch a wall of water 6-7 ft high coming at us. My friend says a few choice words because he figures we are going to lose his fish, again, Keep A Tight Line gets voiced back to the stern. Everybodies eyes grow wide at the sight of the wave, and a 34 inch fish surfing it
After the first wave passes, the second is only 5 ft high My other buddy (Mark) asks if we have a bigger net Don't lose that fish now, I yell.
So the fish gets thumped on the cockpit floor and makes the other fish in the box look tiny My friend was pumped, I was relieved
The wind kicked up and we headed to the barn.
We listened to a lot of music on the boat today. We had everything from Lenayrd Skinner, Alan Jackson, Donovin (Sunshine Superman, ain't that an oldie), Rolling Stones, and I swear, all our fish were caught in an hour and a half while listening to Shania Twain
So, disregard what I was pulling today; put some female country music on and go catch fish

My photo will not load (too big) from the wife's computer. I will send it to Mike and see if he will post it for me
We had several boats working the area and we all stayed in touch and helped each other today. Thanks guys for the help.
Bloody Point area, western side of the channel in 50-70 ft of water was best for me today.
5th (Marty)
Old 11-06-2013, 08:00 PM

Sounds like a good time was had by all! Nice job taking care of your buddy like that.
I am in Norfolk for the night and did not see you today while I was crossing the CBBT?? I wonder why?
I hope to live long enough to retire!!

Old 11-06-2013, 08:01 PM

Trying to post photo from iPad
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.5 KB, 18 views)
Old 11-06-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
I hope to live long enough to retire!!
You could have if you kept your 27 Judge

I'd still be working if I had to pay for a 36

On really snotty days, I'm just going to wait for invitations from you and Bruce

5th (Marty)
Old 11-07-2013, 12:46 AM

The door is always open for you my friend (unless the heat is on and then I like to keep it shut )

Old 11-07-2013, 07:53 AM

Jeff, your last post was 1:46 am. What happened, bars close early
5th
Old 11-07-2013, 08:53 AM

Great report. Sounds like my luck went south.

Joe
Old 11-07-2013, 04:45 PM

Nice work Marty. It's been three weeks since I have fished - the longest stretch since April. Shawn's party cancelled their Saturday trip, so I'm going to try to get out on my boat Saturday and Sunday I'm looking forward to working for John on that gorgeous Markley.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Jeff, your last post was 1:46 am. What happened, bars close early
5th
No!! I just turned 45 in Sept; it was my first trip of the night to the bathroom . I'm sure you understand

Old 11-11-2013, 12:41 PM

Great story and intel. Thanks for posting.

Don