Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-14-2010, 11:33 AM

Default Doing My Part to Save CB Angler, Fishing Report, 6.13.10

Mid Bay - Launched from Chessy Beach @ 0800. Late start, all star crew included my wife, if you can believe that, and Phils grandson, and neither of them get up " early".

Looked south after we cleared the markers, not a boat in sight on the west side, as far as the Radar Towers. Saw boats on the western side of the main channel. Headed out there to find charters live lining. Tooled around for a few minutes, found some decent marks right next to Capt Buddy. We figured since we had women and children on board, he wouldn't deploy missiles. Only one thing better than catching a keeper on the first cast, pulling it up in front of Buddies clients.

And that was it.. for a long time.... Zig zagged from there to Radar Towers, back to False Channel, over to Parkers, down to PP then over to Gas Docks. A LOT of small peanut bunker and rain minnows on Eastern side, bigger alewife's on Eastern.. Just nothing harassing them.

Wifes not a jigger. So she insisted on dropping soft shells at PP while we fooled around with a few dinks. Surprisingly, she landed three very nice and hefty white perch up to 12".

Then headed south and east to secret flounder locale. First drift, was productive, not with flounder thou. Monster croakers ! We kept five, before crew was becoming overwhelmed by heat. It was hot as balls, and no breeze whatsoever. Took a decent ride back to Parkers to cool everyone down.

Secret intel said Parkers was the place to be. I'm here to say, no it ain't !!!

There wasn;t a boat within a five mile radius of Parkers. Oddly no bait in that area..Little bit a a red tide also. It looked like a Tuesday, rather than a Sunday.

Wife and kid are getting "antsy" at this point. Phil and are scratching our balding heads. Time constraints, mean we had about an hour left. Headed north back to Radar Tower area. And without the help of one god damn bird, we saw some flickering of the water, and rain over. Screen lit up and game was on. Even my darling, grabbed a jig and was hooked up with a nice 24".

Had them all by ourselves for 1/2 hour and then, like so many times this year, there gone. Called it a day, home by 5:00.

Suffice to say, not a bad day, not a great day.

Notes: I'm throwing everything I've learned about rock fishing out the window, for this year anyway. The last three trips, the bite has been without the help of birds, structure or tide./current. Even the clean water theory, right out the window. The entire time we were on the fish, a red tide was all around us... Go figure....
Old 06-14-2010, 12:17 PM

Ya should have stayed home and cut the grass, you moron.....
Old 06-14-2010, 01:14 PM

Thanks for the report. Did you jig metal, plastics, or both? At least the wife caught some fish.
5th (Marty)
Old 06-14-2010, 01:32 PM

Marty all BA's, some 5" and some 7" opening nights, of course.. I did try my green 1 1/2 Lil Bunker at one point.. Fish wanted nothing to do with a vertical presentation.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverb View Post
Ya should have stayed home and cut the grass, you moron.....

Hey Moron, you NEVER mow you grass on warm humid days. Your depleting the ozone layer !!!! At least that's what I tell my wife, neighbors and friends..
Old 06-14-2010, 01:50 PM

i thought this was going to say "Doing my part to thin the cownose ray population..." i'm gonna gaff me some of them this weekend.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:59 PM

You are "saving" CB Anglers? Is it going away?

www.DCMSSA.org
Twitter: @DCMSSA
www.facebook.com/DCMSSA

23' SeaCraft, Twin E-Tec 150s
Old 06-15-2010, 02:30 AM

Jeremy, I can;t find the thread, but about a month ago, somebody asked to save CB Angler and post more fishing reports, so I'm just trying to do my part.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakesdad View Post
Jeremy, I can;t find the thread, but about a month ago, somebody asked to save CB Angler and post more fishing reports, so I'm just trying to do my part.
That was me. I got so tired of looking at the board and not seeing something new. I started posting just about anything to at least give people something to read (as long as it was fishing or boating related).

It appears that people responded and we have seen more fishing reports. You don't need to burn your spot, but even when general information is posted, it encourages others to splash their boats and try to duplicate your actions.

I'm not affiliated with cbangler; I just enjoy reading what everyone is doing, and I'm glad to see you having a successful year.

We have a very good group of talented fishermen on this board. Very few novices, most are seasoned fishermen. Your opinions, suggestions, and actions carry a lot of weight.

Keep up the good work; the board has been better.

5th (Marty)

p.s. I am sorry the "hot chicks" thread died (or was discouraged); sometimes it was better than a good fishing report.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:32 AM

Well B at least you got a few in the boat and you got the same intel as I did about that area. Lets see how the Thursday report goes he's not fishing Wednesday. Thanks for sharing your trip and I bet it was a nice boat ride...
Contact Info:
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
(301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail BCRodsandRepairs@aol.com

Last edited by Steve F; 06-15-2010 at 08:57 AM.