Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 03-10-2012, 06:20 PM

Default Wye Mills, Tuckahoe Lake 3-10-2012

I took my son out for a day of fishing and hiking. We stopped at Wye Mills first and fished the spillway for a bit. It was crowded with about 12 other people there and we were catching a boatload of blue gill on grass shrimp until a family with like 6 or 7 kids showed up. The kids were out of control and made being there miserable.

Since we had planned on hiking at Tuckahoe (and we did; we got in about 3 miles today) we figured we would fish ther efor a while. Had nothing in the spillway there, and one Crappie from the back part of the lake.

Started to head home and my son suggested stopping at Wye Mills again. Good call; it was still crowded but mostly with old timers just doing their thing. Caught a bunch more Bluegill and a couple of Crappie all from the spill way right up near the dam. We would cast our bobbers and jigheads tipped with nightcrawlers or grass shrimp up onto the dam and let them fall into the turbulence below. We would usually get a few strikes as the bobbers surfaced. If we didn't catch the fish there we would almost always catch one before our bobbers drifted under the dam.

Didn't see any Yellow Perch caught at either place, and no one has seen any White Perch at Wye Mills yet according to the people I talked to today.