Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 07-06-2015, 03:55 PM

Default July 5- only one keeper

After being turned away at the gate at Sandy Point on July 4th. I decided to get an earlier start on sunday. Got into the park and launched by 7:30. Headed south of the bridge and was able to scratch out 8 spot in a little over an hour. Ran north to catch the tide and put the first spot out on a float. Got hit pretty quick and a good size over into the net. Somehow I turned around to look into the back of the boat and out he jumped out. Next spot yielded a 30" that I was careful to make sure was in the net when I hoisted it up and in. Caught a couple more overs that were released, and lost 2 boatside. One fish stole a spot without getting hooked. I had one spot left to catch an under. He got picked up but the float got tangled and the rock dropped him. Being the last spot, I put him back over. He got hit and took off. Fought the fish within eyesight and the rock "threw" the fish back at me, with the hook embedded in the spot. After two catches with the same spot, I figured he had enough. Where are the unders, when you want them?
Old 07-06-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1234 View Post
After being turned away at the gate at Sandy Point on July 4th. I decided to get an earlier start on sunday. Got into the park and launched by 7:30. Headed south of the bridge and was able to scratch out 8 spot in a little over an hour. Ran north to catch the tide and put the first spot out on a float. Got hit pretty quick and a good size over into the net. Somehow I turned around to look into the back of the boat and out he jumped out. Next spot yielded a 30" that I was careful to make sure was in the net when I hoisted it up and in. Caught a couple more overs that were released, and lost 2 boatside. One fish stole a spot without getting hooked. I had one spot left to catch an under. He got picked up but the float got tangled and the rock dropped him. Being the last spot, I put him back over. He got hit and took off. Fought the fish within eyesight and the rock "threw" the fish back at me, with the hook embedded in the spot. After two catches with the same spot, I figured he had enough. Where are the unders, when you want them?
Like my response to Marty's breaking fish post. The fish seem to be feeding aggressively but getting a good hook set seemed to be a problem.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:49 PM

Sounds like it was a fun day for you; way better than the couch surfing I did Sunday.

I assume they turned you away because they were at max capacity at Sandy Point? Never use it, does that happen often on holiday weekends?

Old 07-07-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post

I assume they turned you away because they were at max capacity at Sandy Point? Never use it, does that happen often on holiday weekends?
Sandy Point reaches max capacity just about every holiday
Old 07-07-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlag View Post
Sandy Point reaches max capacity just about every holiday
si senor