Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 07-29-2015, 07:35 PM

Default Same story- different day

I have missed a few posts but as recently as last night, I have still been catching fish on Red hose and planers. Last night was worse night yet and had 3 unders 21" to 24". End of last week went a couple evening and caught 7 or 8 fish up to low 30's.
Finding fish in the 20-28' of water on the Eastern Shore side. Best is its too far of a run south either.

Old 07-30-2015, 12:37 PM

Did you say red hoses or green glitter 9 inch shads
Old 07-30-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlag View Post
Did you say red hoses or green glitter 9 inch shads
I fed the green glitter to the red hoes- I mean hose! Everyone knows green glitter doesn't work!

Old 07-30-2015, 05:54 PM

I'm amazed how long that school of fish has produced.

Everyday hundreds were taken from it.

Glad to hear some still around.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
I have missed a few posts but as recently as last night, I have still been catching fish on Red hose and planers. Last night was worse night yet and had 3 unders 21" to 24". End of last week went a couple evening and caught 7 or 8 fish up to low 30's.
Finding fish in the 20-28' of water on the Eastern Shore side. Best is its too far of a run south either.
We caught our fish in the same area in 17-22 feet of water. I also found some bigger fish(26"-30") further north near the Silos on big tubes.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:35 PM

7/31
Well, I didn't do very well today in that area
Left dock at 6am and ran east into a rising sun. We did have the "blue moon" last night, and it was pretty to see (sun in front and moon behind us). Of course I guess technically, every bodies moon is behind them

A little choppy this morning and we ran to red 8 in front of Rock Hall. With the wind out of the north, we dropped lines and trolled south along a ledge. When we got all the way down to the mouth of the Chester, I called Jeff to see exactly where he had been picking up his fish on hoses
What a Prince, he sent me a text message with a pic of a navionics chart with "x marks the spot" on it Now you can't get any more detailed than that!!
We picked up our 7 lines and ran to "the honey hole". There were a fair number of charters and private boats already there. We dropped our spread and joined in the procession.
Many charters had board lines out, but I swear, I never saw another boat trolling catch a fish We were lucky enough to get two nice healthy fish (24, 26) along with one huge blue (21) for our efforts.
Livelinning looks like the way to go for good numbers of fish with not too much fuel spent
My buddy Jason offered to bring me some spot from his pen, but I was sure we could catch our 6 fish trolling (ha,ha). At least the two guys on my boat went home with some nice filets. Eat em fresh, I always say.

Thanks Jeff for the info. I didn't mark many fish today. Lots of bait (silversides), but nothing working it today.
We did catch some "shorts" but no one want to hear about that
Later,
5th
Old 07-31-2015, 03:56 PM

Sorry it didn't work out so well for you Marty. I'm about to head out in a bit so I'll let you know if you just went too early or if they were a little north.

Hopefully your crew was happy when they left.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:38 PM

My last two trips to that particular school were similar to Marty's so I decided to try Podickory...Chummimg and chunky produced 6 nice fish up to 26"....

Tried to bottom fish for some daytime croakers but nothing would bite...Did pick up one good sized catfish though...

The water on those ledges around Podickory was roaring tonight...Was hoping to get more than a half dozen, but really can't complain...

Weekend looks perfect so I will let ya know how I do...