Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-24-2010, 06:50 PM

Default Good trolling bite out of Buzz's 4/23

With the rain predicted for the weekend I decided to head out on Friday. I left work earlier and took two kids, Sam and Kyle, that previously attended my fishing camp along for the ride. We got out the the shipping channel and started setting lines. The 9 rod spread was out in and no time and it was just a matter of waiting for the tide to change. About and hour after low tide we had our first knock down . Sam was first up and after a long fight we boated a nice 38"er. We made a nice big circle to get back to where we caught the first one and as soon as we crossed over the spot we hooked up with another fish. Kyle made short work of a fat 31"er. While Kyle was fighting the fish I noticed some bait flipping on the surface in shallower water so I started to troll towards the bait. As we neared one rod went down, then another, and before we knew it we had 3 on at once. After some fancy foot work we boated a 41"er and released the other 2 of equal size in the water. All the fish were COVERED in sea lice. The fish preferred singles 50-75 off the boards but we did get one on our deep umbrella. Color didn't seem to matter. After this we decided to pack it up and reel everything in. As all the lines were coming in both kids were talking about how much fun they had and how proud they were of catching big fish. It truly made my day to hear them being so excited about fishing.

Rob

Last edited by rbschou; 04-24-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:41 PM

Nice report. We were in that area that morning and did pretty well there, too. Glad you got into them!
Old 04-26-2010, 07:25 PM

Thanks Slayer. Its been great fishing the last few time out. Averaging a fish every 30 minutes or less. I cant complain about this season. I am still suprised that every fish except 1 I caught in the last week have been covered in sea lice. I think they are still coming...