Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 06-10-2012, 06:18 PM

Talking FINALLY...Acres of Breakers !!!

The fish gods must have seen my last report where I was bitchin' about the lack of birds and breakers
Well this morning made up for it!! We started where we left off Sat. but we only caught one straggler in that spot where we had seen so many fish. Looked about a mile away, out toward the bay and spotted some boats in among some birds We pulled our gear and boogied on over to find fish breaking everywhere. Initially, they were small ones breaking on anchovies. We moved further out to some bigger splashes and were rewarded with all 7 rods going down at the same time!!!. These were quality fish averaging 25 ''. The girls were going nuts, screaming and hollering and having a ball
Amazingly we didn't have any tangles and landed all the fish. I reset the spread and we made another pass and did it again. We had our limit in 10 minutes and were throwing back 25-26" fish and it was only 8:20AM
The action lasted for about 30 minutes and then it died. That was OK because although we didn't have a contest winner, the girls were happy and we got to go in a little early.
We were fishing near the Hill and were using all Swim baits off spreader bars.
Color made absolutely no difference, they were very aggressive.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:07 AM

Charlie,

Nice job...Its been a long time since I have had that kind of fun as well...Hopefully that will continue up and down the Bay...

The bait sure has been abundent this year...Maybe breakers will become more common...

Scott and I did well last night north of the bridge so it looks like the summer fish are here and waiting to be caught....

Mike
Old 06-12-2012, 05:02 PM

Charlie, With NO pictures of fish or girls...I call BS................Gary
Old 06-12-2012, 08:33 PM

Yesterday morning I was walking the beach along the mouth of the Magothy and big swarms of bait were maybe 40 feet off of the beach. I saw 8 to 10 swarms making the water dance on a dead flat morning. It was very cool to see.

Later in the afternoon I threw a super duper on my ultralite from a small beach on the Little Magothy River and was rewarded with a near citation size White Perch on the first cast.

And again tonight, during a lull in the rain i saw bait pushed up along the shore and bulkhead at high tide in one of our community marinas.

There's TONS of bait out there, that's for damn sure!

That sounds like a great trip Charlie....you sure are making some nice memories for those girls.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:44 PM

Default I guess BS, it is!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
Charlie, With NO pictures of fish or girls...I call BS................Gary
Gary...I'm done posting pictures of fish or girls I still take pictures of every trip we take and provide the folks with copies. In addition I put them in albums we keep on the boat. When they come back again they get a real charge out of finding their pictures in the book.
I've picked up a couple of stalkers who have made my life miserable by trying to find fault with my posts and pictures. Now, I know that I shouldn't let it bother me but ...it does ! I shouldn't have to DEFEND myself every time I make a report.
I'm going to take a breather for awhile and keep my reports very generic and no more pictures. Sorry, but thats how it is.
I might make one exception.....my "Bikini Girls" are coming back on next Friday IF, they bring the Bikinis and we have a fun day....I may post pictures on this Board since the folks here are much nicer than over on TF.
We will have to see how it goes.
Best Regards, Charlie
Old 06-14-2012, 07:24 AM

Remember Charlie; pictures of nipples are just like taking pictures of rockfish. Tell them to stand up straight and push them out as far forward as possible.
5th (Marty)
Old 06-14-2012, 12:11 PM

Charlie, Good work! Thanks for posting.

Scott, Nice job on the perch! I'd like to get a couple of those for dinner for the wife and I.