Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 10-08-2012, 10:25 AM

Default Real Men Were Fishing Last Evening - Were You ?

The weather sucked last night...Thanks to Marty's heartfelt feelings about the upcoming doom known as winter...Was cold and raining for the hour and a half that I was out...Most of the time I was the only boat in the water I could see, and the rain gear got a good workout...(Marty, by the way, do I get to try the warm cabin of the new boat, on some of those cold, but good fishing days this winter ? ).....

Anyway, saw some breaking fish along ledges north of the Bridge...Got into a pod of dinks and had fun for about 30 minutes...One lone seagull tipped me off to look in the area...He kept coming back to pick up the same fish that must have been too big for him to fly away with...either that or it was one heck of a feisty fish...

Stayed in 15 to 18 foot or less and used the usual light tackle trolling gear that Scott and I use...The fish were most active on the tide change...Got 7 worth talking about all 18 to 22...Always fun on light tackle...Rods bending, drag pulling, ah the joys of light tackle...

Couple of pics are attached....They are not the best, since the light was bad and the phone on my camera sucks...Hoping to get out again later this week....

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20121007-00429.jpg (97.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20121007-00434.jpg (108.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20121007-00443.jpg (92.4 KB, 11 views)
Old 10-08-2012, 02:40 PM

Very nice.

Looks like the fish are getting a bit bigger as the bait starts stacking up around the mouths of the rivers.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:14 PM

Mike; glad you got in to some fish. I do have to wonder though why we are not seeing the little "footballs" like previous years. Even the rock down south seem skinny for this time of the year. With bait balls everywhere, why are the rock not "Fatter"?
5th (Marty)
Old 10-08-2012, 06:13 PM

Maybe I am wrong but with the temps so high this year I think a lot of them are staying north longer than normal...Maybe we will get a huge run in the next couple of weeks...Temp was 68 yesterday...Still a long way to go...

Old 10-09-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlien View Post
Maybe I am wrong but with the temps so high this year I think a lot of them are staying north longer than normal...Maybe we will get a huge run in the next couple of weeks...Temp was 68 yesterday...Still a long way to go...

I hope you're right......maybe the freshwater fish won't be so blasted deep this week for my annual drunkfest on the Pocomoke.

I'd love to snag about a dozen Crappie to deep fry.