Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-05-2014, 07:32 PM

Default Quick Report

My daughter has been here from Japan for the last week. I didn't get out to fish, so today I ran from my slip (2:30pm) east; looking for birds and activity.
Found some birds working near "nine ft knoll" and Lou and I jigged up some nice 20 inch rock.
Left fish to look for fish and trolled the eastern channel edge looking for better quality fish. Decent marks, but no hookups with only 4 rods out. We were really scouting for this weekend. No love trolling, so back in the slip just before dark (at least my running lights work).
5th
Old 11-05-2014, 09:28 PM

The Chester yielded about a dozen shorts this afternoon for us and a few perch. Never really got much bird action all afternoon. Water temp dropped 5* since last trip; today was only 54*. There wasn't many marks that I saw in the river either.

That kind of a day ain't gonna win me much other than a bar bill in Rock Hall Saturday.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:30 PM

The Chester yielded about a dozen shorts this afternoon for us and a few perch. Never really got much bird action all afternoon. Water temp dropped 5* since last trip; today was only 54*. There wasn't many marks in the river either.

That kind of a day ain't gonna win me much other than a bar bill in Rock Hall Saturday.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:44 PM

You should have gone south my friend! We talked about this!
Old 11-05-2014, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverCooked View Post
I don't know how Jeff feels about this, but for me, if the boat is slipped well north of the bridge, and all you want is some pullage with keeper fish; it's hard to justify () all the fuel to run south.

My 27 will be back on the trailer after this weekend and I will then be able to reach the better quality fish whenever I want

5th
Old 11-05-2014, 10:14 PM

Alex; do you have a name or distinguishing feature on your boat?

I am running a yellow flag with "5th" on it from a rod holder. All my buddies say it looks like I stole it from a golf course

5th (Marty)
Old 11-05-2014, 10:27 PM

Just give me a call guys! No fuel needed. Boats on Kent Island and always looking to fish.

Marty- the name of my boat is OverCookedII. It's on the rear sides with a stylish striper getting hooked above it. It's also the only (I think) full white curtains and all 27 on the bay. She also has outriggers on her.

If those identification marks don't trigger your memory just look for the guy catching nothing, smoking a cigar, drinking a beer, and most likely tangled with a crab pot!
Old 11-05-2014, 11:24 PM

Quote:
I was on my CC today running out of Chestertown. "South" was a looooong way away. . Round trip was almost 50 miles as it was.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Just give me a call guys! No fuel needed. Boats on Kent Island and always looking to fish.

Marty- the name of my boat is OverCookedII. It's on the rear sides with a stylish striper getting hooked above it. It's also the only (I think) full white curtains and all 27 on the bay. She also has outriggers on her.

If those identification marks don't trigger your memory just look for the guy catching nothing, smoking a cigar, drinking a beer, and most likely tangled with a crab pot!
Now that's funny. I'll add your name and phone number to my list of anglers.
Why don't you post a photo of your boat on this site. I do remember seeing a pic of your boat next to Jeff's 36 at the boat show. Outriggers hey? That's different. I can't wait to fish off of her

5th (Marty)
Old 11-06-2014, 07:26 AM

Bad pic but I can update later.

Yea the boat will do some fishing in NJ and is going to FL keys in Jan/Feb so we use the outriggers there.

Dont worry though, I still use the boards in MD.