Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-06-2014, 07:45 AM

Nice looking boat, Alex... that cockpit layout looks familiar! That all white look came out nice.

Sorry I will miss the judge party on Saturday, guys... I will send you photos of my winNing Fish for a Cure fish!

Jason
Old 11-06-2014, 07:47 AM

Alex,
I will of course deny it until til I die so don't tell Marty, but I have learned quite a few things from fishing with him. I think he is OCD with a hint of ADD so he has some good systems that he is willing to share. (Its true, you CAN learn stuff from your elders! )
I am hoping that it's going to come back to haunt him on Saturday but they are playing with a STACKED deck!! We got our work cut out for us homey!

Old 11-06-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' Robin View Post
Nice looking boat, Alex... that cockpit layout looks familiar! That all white look came out nice.

Sorry I will miss the judge party on Saturday, guys... I will send you photos of my winNing Fish for a Cure fish!

Jason
Sorry you won't be able to make it either; next time! In the meantime maybe you could look for a place over here in God's country....?

Good luck Saturday!!

Old 11-06-2014, 08:55 AM

Alex; great looking graphic. You and Jason (Rockin Robin) win hands down the "graphic" contest.

Cheap bastards like me buy a flag

We have a friend on this board (Don-"Hunter") who has moved from the Chesapeake area to the Florida Keys (Marathon area). He took his 25 Maycraft with him when he left. I have fished with him last winter off "Hunter" in the Keys.

Check back a couple of pages on this forum looking for our posts by either me or Mike (garlien) from our fishing trip.
You are going to love being able to get into the shade provided by the pilot house.

We caught so many different species in the couple of days we fished. We kept yellow tail snapper and mangrove snapper for the table. We caught a fair number of grouper as well, but the season was out and we couldn't keep them

If you want to try to hook up with Don while down there, let me know, I can give you his contact information this Saturday at the Crab Shack.

I actually think I may have seen your boat outside "boat covers inc." on Kent Island. Jack and his son Marshal do high quality canvas work. He did a three sided canvas on my last boat, and I had one window panel replaced on my Judge.

Hint to everyone, keep polish or conditioner on your "glass" panels. My boat is slipped for most of the year, and it catches the sun from the same direction each day. Jack says because of this, one side catches the afternoon (hottest) sun every day. This constant torture will cause one panel to deteriorate before the other side if not properly conditioned.
I usually leave my side curtains on all year, only putting on the back drop curtain in early spring and late fall. Others pull all their curtains off, which protects them.

Anyway, great looking boat. I'm sure she will be a fish catching machine Looking forward to seeing you out on the water.
5th (Marty)

Last edited by 5th Tuition; 11-06-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Alex,
I will of course deny it until til I die so don't tell Marty, but I have learned quite a few things from fishing with him. I think he is OCD with a hint of ADD so he has some good systems that he is willing to share. (Its true, you CAN learn stuff from your elders! )
I am hoping that it's going to come back to haunt him on Saturday but they are playing with a STACKED deck!! We got our work cut out for us homey!
Jeff,
I just got back from Gary's (Spankin Stripers) with the newest toys for Marty and the crew to play with in the cockpit while I enjoy the heated cabin
bhl (Bruce)
Old 11-06-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' Robin View Post

Jason
Jason- good to hear from you, and thanks for the kind words. The boat turned out great. Thanks for all your assistance with her.

Good luck this weekend!
Old 11-06-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Alex,

Gotta learn from someone! Marty your welcome on my boat any time!

I ain't scurred! If all else fails there is always beer and fireball shots!
Old 11-06-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverCooked View Post
Gotta learn from someone! Marty your welcome on my boat any time!

I ain't scurred! If all else fails there is always beer and fireball shots!
Very nice boat and graphics Alex.
bhl (Bruce)
Old 11-06-2014, 04:10 PM

Marty-

Truth be told Jason was a huge help in designing my boat (including who to use for the graphics).

Iv fished down in the keys once before and you are right, in one day you can catch more species of fish than you know what to do with. Its literally drop and reel the whole time. Having a pilothouse will be a huge benefit. Last time down there we were on a CC with no t-top... I was this color I'd definitely like to get in touch with Don.

Looking forward to the weekend