Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-21-2012, 11:35 AM

Default Report 5/18 and 5/19 Upper Bay

So I was hoping to get out with Scott on Friday but it was not in the cards...I am sure we will get out for a longer trip sometime soon...Instead had a great weekend with the kids...

Friday (5/18) night was out for about an hour to an hour and a half...Took my yougest son with me and he had a blast...He pulled in 7 nice rock in a short period of time...All of them hit crankbaits in less than 12 feet of water...As usual the time of day was important we were out in the 6 to 7 PM timeframe...There is nothing better than seeing a smile on the face of one of your kids...Mason did a lot of that on Friday..The picture is of him with one of his "big rockfish"...

While I was out I did see another boat pull in some smaller white perch so that is a good sign...

On Saturday I had a few hours in the evening and called Scott to see if he could make it...He said he might be able to and around 5 or so he was at the boat with his son Riley...Almost a repeat of the night before...Although we pulled in closer to 2 dozen fish on Satuday..Best part was that it was a mix of fish...We got 10 or so nice stripers on crankbaits and then pulled out the deadly weapons to try and catch some perch...Beetlespins and Super Dupers were the choice and Scott won the perch competition by leaps and bounds...Most were small under 8" however there were a couple nice sized ones mixed in....

The other nice thing to see on Saturday night was bunker breaking the surface all around us...It has been a while since I have seen them in a huge area and breaking like it was raining fish...All good signs of what is to come...

Anyway, it was great for us to get our son's out and have a really good time...Hopefully, all of you get a chance to do it as well...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mason (1 of 1).jpg (94.1 KB, 11 views)
Old 05-22-2012, 08:17 AM

The breaking bait was borderline INSANE for a while.

This week the poppers are getting pulled out,
Old 05-22-2012, 10:04 PM

WTG Mike. Hope to get out this weekend for some perch jerking. Thanks for the report.