Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Off Topic

Old 11-23-2012, 08:32 PM

Default Maryland Joins The Big 10

What a disaster...

No more Maryland vs. Duke basketball games...

No more Maryland vs. North Carolina basketball games....

I just can't get excited by playing Northwestern and Minnesotta...I know the Carolina teams were a couple of hundred miles away, but at least they were not a thousand plus miles away...

I am a proud ACC fan, following MD basketball for 35 years, but this might be the time I let Maryland go and watch the other teams I have enjoyed watching for a long time...That Iowa versus Maryland matchup in 2014 does not even come close to a Maryland vs. Virginia game....

Even the talent sucks...The Big 10 puts players like Juwan Howard, Chris Webber, Jamal Crawford, and Zach Randolph in the NBA while the ACC puts James Worthy, David Thompson, Tim Duncan, Stephan Marbury, Grant Hill, Chris Bosh, Chris Paul, and not even mentioning Bias or Jordan....

No fish today, my basketball team leaves after 60+ years of tradition in the ACC, and Thanksgiving has been cancelled due to the new celebration called "Black Friday"....Can't beleive I am saying it, feel way too young, but damn I miss the good old days....
Old 11-24-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlien View Post
What a disaster...

No more Maryland vs. Duke basketball games...

No more Maryland vs. North Carolina basketball games....

I just can't get excited by playing Northwestern and Minnesotta...I know the Carolina teams were a couple of hundred miles away, but at least they were not a thousand plus miles away...

I am a proud ACC fan, following MD basketball for 35 years, but this might be the time I let Maryland go and watch the other teams I have enjoyed watching for a long time...That Iowa versus Maryland matchup in 2014 does not even come close to a Maryland vs. Virginia game....

Even the talent sucks...The Big 10 puts players like Juwan Howard, Chris Webber, Jamal Crawford, and Zach Randolph in the NBA while the ACC puts James Worthy, David Thompson, Tim Duncan, Stephan Marbury, Grant Hill, Chris Bosh, Chris Paul, and not even mentioning Bias or Jordan....

No fish today, my basketball team leaves after 60+ years of tradition in the ACC, and Thanksgiving has been cancelled due to the new celebration called "Black Friday"....Can't beleive I am saying it, feel way too young, but damn I miss the good old days....

You'll feel better when you put up your Winter Festival Tree and your kids are off for winter break