Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Announcements

Old 11-06-2011, 11:24 AM

Default New Milestone 11-6-2011

When I jumped onboard as a Moderator here we had an ACTIVE user base of about 51.

By "active" I mean people that log in on a regular basis, regardless of whether they participate or not.

I had set a small goal of getting that numer to 60 within 2 weeks (which happened) and hadn't thought about the next goal.

We are at 71 active users right now.

Perhaps 100 Active members by the end of the year?

For those that have been contributing to the fishing reports, general discussion and other areas of the forum - THANK YOU. I enjoy reading the stuff that's being posted and apparently some others are enjoying it too.

To the members that are reading the info, but haven't been participating much: Remember, any forum is only as good as its content, so the more GOOD info and fishing reports that get posted, the more others are likely to read and want to contribute as well.

I don't like a lot of "rules" regarding posts. I like it simple.

One of the most contentious types of threads seem to be the fishing reports because people are so terrified to "burn a spot."

Well it's a BIG bay, and we all own it. Many on here have been fishing for decades and probably already know about your secret spot.

But if you don't want to share a location? No problem. A fishing report with a general area ("North of the bridge a few miles and near the eastern shore") works fine along with any other good info you care to share. No one expects everyone to give up all of their tricks and spots, but you will be surprised at how many people are willing to give GOOD information publicly, and trade some secret stuff via private message if you've been willing to contribute in a positive way to the forum.

Don't like to share fishing reports? How about gear info? How's the new trolling rod, or how's the new Lowrance you just bought from BOE working?

Get a new boat? What do you like or dislike about it?

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the growth of good info lately, as well as the comraderie with a lot of you fine fellas. With winter fast approaching, I'll be reading all I can in order to have a great spring on the water.

Thanks a bunch,
Scott