Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-20-2014, 08:23 AM

Got two yesterday afternoon by #86 both on green . One off the board rod and the other off a boat rod . Had one knockdown early on white .
Old 04-20-2014, 08:47 AM

Limit in 2 hours. 29, 30 and 32. Just south of the bridge in about 35' of water. NOT trolling.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:41 PM

Default Wow

Thanks for the reports! Sounds like it was a great opening weekend with both catch/release and perhaps a few tasty rockfish dinners! As Mom used to say, all things in moderation. Keep the Sunday reports coming, wish I had been in town.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:14 PM

Fished Monday and not Sunday after my boat was broken into and had to deal with that mess. Karma was on my side after Sunday's debacle and fishing was decent. Had 5 hard knockdowns and boated four fish, all twin females 35-37 inches. Caught two on the Western channel edge between 86 and 88 in 60-70 ft on white tandems, heavier lure in the AM. The other two were a bit shallower in 45-50 after the sun came out in force. One on a small umbrella and the other on another tandem. The latter two fish both (and the one we missed on a single bait) hit sparkle shads -- I think the sun made those baits stand out more. Every single bite on board rods. Kept one fish, my only big one of the year and released the rest. Fishing turned on with the incoming as the water was pretty stained near the bridge early before the tide pushed in less bad water. Marks were substantially better than the past two pre-season weekends. Saw people consistently hooked up around us. I think the fish and bait are just getting here and fishing should be good for a few more weeks near the BB. Lots of bait between 50-75 feet. Not as much deeper, and never fished shallower.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:06 PM

Fished yesterday just above BB. Two fish in about 28 ft of water. Lost one at the boat and kept one 38". Both hit off the boards. White tandems.