Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-17-2016, 08:49 AM

Default Opening Day and pre-opening day

Quick report:
Shakedown fishing trip Friday mid-day. Around 1PM saw a rubber band stretch - stretch - stretching and snap! fish-on! 39" fish boated and released. Chartreuse back 80ft off channel north of love pt.

Saturday lines in before 6:15, watched a Donzi right next to us catch one around 7 then, catch another! - quick limit for them. Not us. Lots of marks throughout the day. Finally caught one ourselves at 12:30 on the incoming tide. 37" White this time back 50 ft off board closer to swan pt.

Last edited by Drew S; 04-17-2016 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:21 PM

Nice fish, I was wondering what one looked like! Two full days of fishing and not a strike! Saturday fished as far south from the Bodkin as Chesapeake Beach and today stayed north and fished Podickory point, belvedere shoals, love and swan points! Nada, nothing. As a matter of fact in two days fishing I can honestly say I can count the fish I saw caught on one hand. Spoke with Jeff he had one another guys I knew that was out had one and of course the last I heard from the rockfish slayer (Marty) he had two and didn't even start until about 1:00 or so. This is the worst beginning of a. Season I have had for as long as I can remember. Oh well couple more weeks I'll be in my home waters of the Florida keys tarpon fishing and can't wait. Sad part is I even had "lucky Jay" with me opening day!
Old 04-17-2016, 08:38 PM

Don't feel too bad Mike. Yesterday doesn't count. Too many boats spooking the fish. I heard the bite died around 9:30. If you didn't get them early, you didn't get them

Again, the morning bite was best Today. I know several charters that were skunked or only had a couple of fish.

We got lucky and pulled two out this afternoon. They were nice fish; a 39 and a 41. Plenty of meat for us Headed out tomorrow for mostly C/R If we deep hook one, we'll keep it, but everything else goes back.

5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2062.jpg (92.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2061.jpg (91.6 KB, 13 views)