Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-20-2013, 05:21 PM

Default Not so pretty finish to an overall good season 5-20

Had my last group of customers out from my real job today before heading up the bay. Got one fish that came in at about 13". Hit a spoonbrellas from Capt John. I ran a few umbrellas and billy bars with tsunamis too. All the board baits were still my spring spread. If you haven't done it yet, I would recommend downsizing most of your baits today!! I didn't see a ton of boats catching but we did watch the charter Capt. they normally go out with burn at least 8 fish right next to us Very frustrating to say the least. I didn't have to hear any crap about that, I swear! I quickly reminded them that they could stop at the butcher's on the way home a get a side of beef done for what they would have paid for a charter. Here, they got what they paid for, zilch! Oh well, still sux!

Time to play for a few weeks until the Rock Hall tournament and we aren't taking it too seriously either!! Good luck to my friends down south, I'll be back!!

Old 05-20-2013, 07:39 PM

Jeff, time for you to come north and try to catch fish in dirty water
5th
Old 05-20-2013, 08:10 PM

Jeff, How far south were you? I'm hoping to give my son a shot at catching his first big fish of the spring this weekend at PLO. He just finished his senior year at UMD (graduated yesterday) and with writing his senior thesis and studying for final exams, he hasn't been able to fish with me at all this spring. Hope there is at least one left with his name on it.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:09 AM

Sorry, was so tired and disappointed in the trip, I left out a few key things.

Fished 85A to BP to TPL. Worked mainly 35-45' off 85A but then wandered my way but to the marina. Marked lots of stuff I assume had to be fish but they weren't interested in my offerings. Didn't have my usual fishing buddy as the "board man" so we will blame it on that. It looked like many of the fish I saw caught were unders, but FWIW- radio chatter had a few overs at TPL.

Good luck with getting him a nice one and congrats on graduation!! You know he'll never [I]really[I] leave the nest though right??

Old 05-21-2013, 07:20 AM

Default Big Stripers

We hit our limit last Thursday and again on friday. Largest fish was 40 inches. BUT they were reluctant to bite. the may worm hatch is on and the fish were full of green crap. SOme small red tubes trolled near the bottom may have faster success.

I was fishing above 77
Old 05-21-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasher View Post
We hit our limit last Thursday and again on friday. Largest fish was 40 inches. BUT they were reluctant to bite. the may worm hatch is on and the fish were full of green crap. SOme small red tubes trolled near the bottom may have faster success.

I was fishing above 77
I knew the may worms were an issue but was hoping to pull of a little miracle like Friday and pick up a few. I just didn't put enough effort into it and it showed. Shame on me!