Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-20-2015, 05:22 AM

Default she's purring

As some of you guys know. I have had rough start to the spring. A sick motor and a family emergency. Both are comming along very well. After many hours of cussing and wrench turning the 454 is purring again. She fired up on the first turn of the key and passed all engine diagnostics. I didn't even have any parts left over .

Now just need to fix a few minor issues and I'll be back in the water this weekend

Good luck gang.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot
Old 04-20-2015, 05:50 AM

Great to hear both are coming along well!! Fishing has been tough so you haven't missed much. Not many fish being caught and those that are fit in the slot. I have only heard of less than a dozen or so fish actually kept between a LOT of boats (mostly charters too). Apparently the DNR at Sandy Point found a lot more fish kept than I did though. How the hell do you "not know there was a slot limit"???

PS- I lost that fancy chandelier I bought from you on the very first day!!

Old 04-20-2015, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Apparently the DNR at Sandy Point found a lot more fish kept than I did though. How the hell do you "not know there was a slot limit"???

PS- I lost that fancy chandelier I bought from you on the very first day!!
WOW. I guess the education component can be expensive .

PS... I know where you can get another one

I now understand why marine mechanics get a high rate .

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot
Old 04-20-2015, 09:37 AM

Always good when there are no parts left over.

The guys with slot fish, what can you say... .

Triton 240 LTS, 250 Verado
Upper, Upper Bay
Light tackle
Old 04-28-2015, 05:22 PM

Hey Rob.....Does Jeff mean those big "ladder rigs" w/ the 6, 9" shad teasers? Remember the yr before last when you and Marty were putting them out on Capt Johns Boat ? I laughed at them and said you were crazy! 5 mins later we were cranking in BIG fish on them. It made me a believer so you made me a couple. Day before yesterday I dug one out when it was a little slow and put it out on my middle deep rod. The crew laughed at me and I just smiled. I said it was my "secret weapon" and to "watch that rod"!
I went up in the cabin and was watching our new Garmin unit when a big mark came across at 20'. I yelled to the guys to watch the rod and , like clockwork, the damn thing starts pumping !!! Nice 41" keeper and a lot of surprised anglers. Those crazy things really do work and all those teasers keep the jellies off the lure!!
Old 04-28-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Charlie View Post
Hey Rob.....Does Jeff mean those big "ladder rigs" w/ the 6, 9" shad teasers? Remember the yr before last when you and Marty were putting them out on Capt Johns Boat ? I laughed at them and said you were crazy! 5 mins later we were cranking in BIG fish on them. It made me a believer so you made me a couple. Day before yesterday I dug one out when it was a little slow and put it out on my middle deep rod. The crew laughed at me and I just smiled. I said it was my "secret weapon" and to "watch that rod"!
I went up in the cabin and was watching our new Garmin unit when a big mark came across at 20'. I yelled to the guys to watch the rod and , like clockwork, the damn thing starts pumping !!! Nice 41" keeper and a lot of surprised anglers. Those crazy things really do work and all those teasers keep the jellies off the lure!!
No Charlie, I still have 2 of those "fish ladders". The chandelier WAS a double umbrella that stepped down like a chandelier. She was beautiful!! Got in to too skinny o' water and snagged bottom. And just like that, she was gone....

Old 04-29-2015, 07:29 AM

I followed Jeff around opening day and got a little to close to his spread. Attached is the pic that showed up. He definitely uses some big baits, lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (51.0 KB, 23 views)
Old 04-29-2015, 06:40 PM

That can't be Jeff's; it's not green glitter.
5th
Old 04-30-2015, 08:08 PM

Now that's funny No Ragrets!! But wait til you see what I'm dragging this weekend. May win the MSSA tourney and I ain't even in it!! If you pass something that you think might be a disco ball because it sooooo sparkly, stand back, I'm about to land a HAWG on it!!! Super secret weapon as a gift, that's what I'm talking about!! ;)

Old 04-30-2015, 08:36 PM

[QUOTE=Chessie27) If you pass something that you think might be a disco ball because it sooooo sparkly, stand back, I'm about to land a HAWG on it!!! Super secret weapon as a gift, that's what I'm talking about!! [/QUOTE]

Six Pack (ladder) with all 9 inch glitter shads
5th