Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-11-2018, 02:50 PM

Default Winter Rant

Soooooooo;

On my boat, I use all Penn 340 reels for my planer board rods and Penn 345 reels for my boat rods. These are the "old style" oblong shape (new stock is round).

They are a little difficult to find at the shows, or, the owner wants big bucks for the older style. Therefore, I always keep an eye on eBay for someone selling either model. Sometimes I find them in EXCELLENT shape, or even new Somebody may find a reel at a flea market or estate sale, and they pick them up cheap to resell.

I have never had a problem with the seller putting them in one of those U.S postal service (Priority) boxes; "if it fits, it ships".

I've bought singles, doubles, and even four at a time on occasion.

Just before the end of the year, I purchased two Penn 345's from Montana They had a bunch of snow get dumped on them and the seller sent me a note saying he would get them to the post office ASAP. No problem, it wasn't like I needed them now. In fact, they are just "spare" reels in case one goes down.

He put them in the post office on Jan. 2nd (Priority box). We each received a tracking number and I expected to receive them in a few days. A week went buy (9th) and still no reels. I checked the tracking number online and all it said was they had been scanned in to the Montana post office on the 2nd and they were IN TRANSIT to Linthicum, Md.

I went to the post office to see if they had more information, or a better way to track the reels and their whereabouts. All they could tell me was what I already knew.

Something was amiss I told them that unless there was an 18 wheel tractor trailer laying on its side buried beneath a large snow bank, there had to be more information. They convinced me to wait a couple of more days

On the 10th; still no reels

Today, nine days after mailing a Priority Package, they arrived. My local mailman, who has been getting an earful from me every day, delivered them.

Here's the scoop.

The post office felt the package fit all the qualifications for a postal BOMB. They pulled it from the regular delivery schedule and had it x-rayed, probably sniffed by a dozen dogs, finally opened, and then repackaged and sent to me

They said, the reason I wasn't getting any updated; it should have been scanned in to a regional center in the midwest, then scanned into our regional center, and finally scanned into my local post office, was because of the BOMB protocol.

Long story short, they are in great shape and I finally received what I had purchased

5th
Old 01-11-2018, 09:54 PM

I’m confused, so next time you MAY be receiving a bomb, you want then to hurry up and deliver it????

Old 01-11-2018, 11:20 PM

Naw;
I think every heavy Priority box should be pulled and put through their bomb protocol

What spiked their interest? As I said, I've received lots of reels in other priority boxes.

Maybe I'm on some "deplorable" list

5th
Old 01-12-2018, 08:12 AM

On your boat they are weapons of mass destruction

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 01-12-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
On your boat they are weapons of mass destruction
Bang.

I'm sure their "bomb protocol" is as efficient as the protocols at the airport.

"Sir you have to put that potential explosive cleverly disguised as H2O into this basket right here with all of the other potential explosives at the head of the mile long line of people."

If you just would've bought the round ones........
Old 01-20-2018, 05:35 PM

Didn't the Uni Bomber live out there in a cabin ?