Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 09-22-2012, 03:39 PM

Default Hey Mikey

Mike; things are slow on here; where's that photo of your first spanish mackeral and the nice rockfish you caught on Thursday?

How did you like the taste of the spanish? How did you cook it?

5th
Old 09-22-2012, 05:56 PM

Marty,

First, thanks to you, Lou, Phil, and John...What a great time...You guys are the best and I have to say I am lucky to get to fish with guys who are great fisherman as well as great guys...

Second, thank goodness Lou can keep a fish on the line cause we all know I cant...

Third, it was a good trip south of the bridge...Bigger fish seemed to stay in the 30 to 35 foot range, smaller (and plenty of them, were holding in 20 foot or less)...Captain John's spreader bars did a really good job again...Got us some nice stripers (pic attached) and one spanish (wish it was more, pic attached)...As I said, great day with a great crew, thanks to John for taking us out...

Fourth, believe it or not I put a little butter on it, some olive oil and lemon juice, and grilled it when I got home...It was delicious...Always great to taste a new fish, especially when it was fresh, and my first one !

Was out again last night....tried 7' knoll again just to see if I got really lucky the other night (lots of birds, non stop for my youngest son and I, might be able to see some of the birds in the pic), worked the eastern edge of the channel a little, then ended up back in the shallows...Did not see any breaking fish or birds as I was hoping and not much bait on the Lowrance, maybe that little bit of rain held things down for a day or two...Still got about 10 nice fish...Smaller 16 to 18 size but fun as heck on light tackle...

Hopefully I will get out to tomorrow since the weatherman got it wrong, once again, today...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg First Spanish Mac.jpg (94.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Late Sept Striper.jpg (92.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 7 Foot Knoll Birds and Sunset.jpg (93.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 09-22-2012, 07:38 PM

Mike; glad you had a good time. "Great fishermen" is quite a stretch. We will continue to supply the boat, tackle, fuel, and companionship; as long as you keep supplying the beer.

I think everyone had a good time. Phil went back out the next day and did well in the same area (Parkers Creek to Power plant).

I hope we can get out again soon.
5th
Old 09-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Do we need a member drive? I have noticed its been very slow around here. The political crap on the other site is still going like crazy so I don't understand why more people don't come here to not worry about or support that stuff.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:35 PM

Jim; it does appear slow on the board right now. Not sure why; but the fishing hasn't really been that great above the bridge, or even at the bridge (livelinning).

We have been doing well from Poplar Island down to the Choptank; BUT, we can't take much credit for just going out looking for birds or breaking fish and trolling through them. We do break out the jigging rods after we put fish in the box trolling. What I'm trying to say is there's not a lot of expertice needed right now. I kind of feel guilty posting (too much like bragging) about all the fish we have been putting in the box. If that makes any sense.

I'll be out tomorrow in a friends boat and later this week in mine. I'll post some info on those trips.

5th