Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-22-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
I could see it too. Me and 68 guests- are they ALL bots?? I felt surrounded!!

What access does a real person have as a guest?? I enjoy this site a lot. I have talked to and met several folks through here. I have no issues sharing specific intel with any of the posters on CBAngler. It would be nice if somehow to read reports, you HAD to be signed in. Even if they didn't post, at least they would have to be a member. I have no idea how sites like this work so this maybe how it currently is or it can't be because of this or that. I am just thinking how I would like things in "Jeff's world".
You raise a good point Jeff.

As a guest, there are no limitations on what can be seen, only what can be posted.

We (the group of core users) talked a few years back about having to be a signed in member to view all of the great info here, but in the end most felt it was more important that potential new members could see what the forum had to offer, rather than force them to sign up and be logged in.

Lots of people come here and loot the good info without contributing. As wrong as that might be, they are probably the same type of person that we wouldn't enjoy having here anyway. I want members that WANT to contribute and be part of a community, even if it is a small community.

I miss fishing with Don, Mike and Marty, but I know that even if I don't see them for 2 years, we'll still be able to pick up like no time had passed at all. I've learned tons from them and they've never wanted anything in return. Not that I have much to offer.

Nothing but great guys around here......and a few curmudgeons like myself.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:19 AM

Great guys I agree. Spot- Thanks for providing the "housing" for our community. I would be glad to donate some $ towards the cost of running this site. If ever needed, please just ask.

I will be glad to help any way I can for all those that have helped me. I don't get out a ton or know a lot but my knowledge is your knowledge. Although I post after each trip, I may have become a bit more vague with the exact details as of late. Anyone "in this community" is welcome to call me for more specifics. Again my cell number is 4 one 0- seven O ate- zero twice, eight, lucky 7! . Have fun figurin' that out ya damn bots!!!

Old 05-24-2014, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Since we are speaking about computer/artificial intelligence stuff; anybody have one of those photo drones to keep an eye on Mlag or Skip? I know they will find "spot" before anyone else!!

5th
You don't have any spot yet? Dang, you are missing a terrific bite

Last edited by mlag; 05-24-2014 at 07:14 AM.