Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
Vince,
Here’s my take on selfishness, 7 or 8 years ago I took a guy fishing because he wanted to learn the Patapsco River so I told him I would take him out with me and show him a few spots. Well we fished for about 3 hours and we never even put a fish over the rail so I told him that I have a spot that not many guys know about and I would like to keep it that way. So off we went and as soon as we pulled up I seen nothing but fish on the fish finder so I just knew we were going to catch something. His first drop he pulls in a 30” the biggest he ever caught and for the next 1 ½ hours we bailed fish up to 35”. When we got back to the truck I asked him NOT to say anything about that spot because it’s a place I knew I could catch some fish if other places were not producing. Well the next week I go down to the river and went right back over there and as I was pulling up I noticed 3 boats in that area and yep you guess it, it was the guy that I had out with the week before and 2 of his buddy’s with 3 guys in each boat. Did I learn a lesson you bet I did, did that guy ever go with me again NOPE. As I said before I will try and help anyone I can and give them as much information as possible but I learn my lesion the hard way and it will not happen again.
Steve;

Here is my response. Have you gone back to that place and been able to fish again? Have you caught fish there again?

I am sorry that individual violated your trust. Definately not a friend. Or one that you would reassociate with.

I will concede the fact of the trust issue. all my point is, What does it matter!!!! I have no problem if you do not want to share a location.

I just posted my view thats all.

Vince
Old 02-25-2010, 04:12 PM

Here's my take on Spot Burning;

There are some comments I need to make regarding Spot Burning. Wait! Before you dismiss me as obstreperous, hear me out. The following theorem may therefore be established as an eternally valid truth: The most fork-tongued ragamuffins I've ever seen reduce us to acute penury. That said, we mustn't lose sight of who the real enemy is: Spot Burning and its tendentious, irritable deputies. In essence, when a mistake is made, the smart thing to do is to admit it and reverse course. That takes real courage. The way that Spot Burning stubbornly refuses to own up to its mistakes serves only to convince me that if we briefly prescind from the main point of this letter we can focus on how I myself like to say that at the heart of the problem is Spot Burning's obliviousness to history, its moral cowardice masked in bold rhetoric, and its overwhelmingly shallow political posturing. Spot Burning never directly acknowledges such truisms but instead tries to turn them around to make it sound like I'm saying that cannibalism, wife-swapping, and the murder of infants and the elderly are acceptable behavior. I guess that version better fits its style—or should I say, "agenda"?

No matter how close it's come to making me abandon all hope, it won't be satisfied until it finds a way to overthrow western civilization through the destruction of its four pillars—family, nation, religion, and democracy. Never before have I encountered more bloatedly self-important prose than that which Spot Burning produces. It has been proven time and time again that I act based on what I think is right, not who I think is right. That's why I try always to solve the problems of priggism, despotism, economic inequality, and lack of equal opportunity. It's also why I say that a central fault line runs through each of its monographs. Specifically, my cause is to build an inclusive, nondiscriminatory movement for social and political change. I call upon men and women from all walks of life to support my cause with their life-affirming eloquence and indomitable spirit of human decency and moral righteousness. Only then will the whole world realize that Spot Burning constantly insists that it understands the difference between civilization and savagery. But it contradicts itself when it says that it can succeed without trying.

Spot Burning must have some sort of problem with reading comprehension. That's the only explanation I can come up with as to why Spot Burning accuses me of admitting that it values our perspectives. What I actually said is that while Spot Burning's thralls have been gorging themselves on the intravenous feeding tube called denial, Spot Burning has been forcing me to expend all of my wit and energy in trivial pursuits. In fact, I have said that to Spot Burning on many occasions, and I will keep on saying it until it stops trying to batten on the credulity of the ignorant. In the strictest sense, Spot Burning makes it sound like everyone with a different set of beliefs from its is going to get a one-way ticket to Hell. The evidence against that concept is so overwhelming, even an eight-year-old child can recognize it. Even so, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Of course, if Spot Burning had learned anything from history, it'd know that it's a pretty good liar most of the time. However, Spot Burning tells so many lies, it's bound to trip itself up someday. Summa summarum, Spot Burning's a social liability.

http://www.pakin.org/complaint/

1998 Sea Hunt 202 Triton
"Hoopty"
Old 02-25-2010, 04:20 PM

Paul; you left out Capt. George's puntuation. However, you certainly got your point across. Would you be available to debate the health care crisis.
5th (Marty)
Old 02-25-2010, 04:39 PM

In all seriousness, if I find fish alone and someone asks I will tell what I know or even post a report on it. If someone puts me on the bite I keep it quiet. If I fish with someone else I keep it to myself. I want to get invited back If you know the patterns of the bay, keep a log, or use the TF search button it isn't hard to figure out where the fish will be.

I felt bad for Phill and JP when I posted a negative reply to the post. I was glad to see a report on those areas and was happy that JP caught a personal best fish. I have not met either but hold both in high regard. I was just shocked to see the detailed photos on an area that was so tight lipped. Yea, these spots are known in general but if I said I caught fish at BS and you tried to find it, I'm betting you would not. I still think the detailed photos should be deleted.

Peace/Out

1998 Sea Hunt 202 Triton
"Hoopty"
Old 02-25-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeltor View Post
Here's my take on Spot Burning;

There are some comments I need to make regarding Spot Burning. Wait! Before you dismiss me as obstreperous, hear me out. The following theorem may therefore be established as an eternally valid truth: The most fork-tongued ragamuffins I've ever seen reduce us to acute penury. That said, we mustn't lose sight of who the real enemy is: Spot Burning and its tendentious, irritable deputies. In essence, when a mistake is made, the smart thing to do is to admit it and reverse course. That takes real courage. The way that Spot Burning stubbornly refuses to own up to its mistakes serves only to convince me that if we briefly prescind from the main point of this letter we can focus on how I myself like to say that at the heart of the problem is Spot Burning's obliviousness to history, its moral cowardice masked in bold rhetoric, and its overwhelmingly shallow political posturing. Spot Burning never directly acknowledges such truisms but instead tries to turn them around to make it sound like I'm saying that cannibalism, wife-swapping, and the murder of infants and the elderly are acceptable behavior. I guess that version better fits its style—or should I say, "agenda"?

No matter how close it's come to making me abandon all hope, it won't be satisfied until it finds a way to overthrow western civilization through the destruction of its four pillars—family, nation, religion, and democracy. Never before have I encountered more bloatedly self-important prose than that which Spot Burning produces. It has been proven time and time again that I act based on what I think is right, not who I think is right. That's why I try always to solve the problems of priggism, despotism, economic inequality, and lack of equal opportunity. It's also why I say that a central fault line runs through each of its monographs. Specifically, my cause is to build an inclusive, nondiscriminatory movement for social and political change. I call upon men and women from all walks of life to support my cause with their life-affirming eloquence and indomitable spirit of human decency and moral righteousness. Only then will the whole world realize that Spot Burning constantly insists that it understands the difference between civilization and savagery. But it contradicts itself when it says that it can succeed without trying.

Spot Burning must have some sort of problem with reading comprehension. That's the only explanation I can come up with as to why Spot Burning accuses me of admitting that it values our perspectives. What I actually said is that while Spot Burning's thralls have been gorging themselves on the intravenous feeding tube called denial, Spot Burning has been forcing me to expend all of my wit and energy in trivial pursuits. In fact, I have said that to Spot Burning on many occasions, and I will keep on saying it until it stops trying to batten on the credulity of the ignorant. In the strictest sense, Spot Burning makes it sound like everyone with a different set of beliefs from its is going to get a one-way ticket to Hell. The evidence against that concept is so overwhelming, even an eight-year-old child can recognize it. Even so, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Of course, if Spot Burning had learned anything from history, it'd know that it's a pretty good liar most of the time. However, Spot Burning tells so many lies, it's bound to trip itself up someday. Summa summarum, Spot Burning's a social liability.

http://www.pakin.org/complaint/
Paul, Got any of that " stuff" left over...........Gary
Old 02-25-2010, 05:13 PM

Jim - WTF - you sold ammo to Rex - we are all doomed.

I wish I could put a camera at that location and see exactly how many new boats fish there.
I can give exact GPS numbers - you still need the fish to be feeding and how to catch them.

It is always a fine line on how much info to give out. Post no info - you are a chest thumping bragger.
Post the location - you are a spot burner.

I always laugh when I get a dozen calls or PM's about a spot - saying don't tell anyone - it's top secret.

I think we all learn after a while what to post and what not to.

Info leaks out all sorts of ways. I " steal " some great structure from anchored boats using my radar interfaced with GPS. I get their numbers from a mile or two away. Once they leave - I go over and use the depthfinder to see what they were fishing.

It's almost spring - fish will be on the channel edges between # 66 and # 90
Old 02-25-2010, 06:31 PM

I have mixed emotions on the subject. I'm relatively new to fishing the Bay and I don't really have any spots of my own to give out. So, for the most part, all of the "spots" that I have were given to me. Because of this, I want to be as helpful to others as folks have been to me, without crossing the line of burning someone else's spot.

-JB
Old 02-25-2010, 06:37 PM

If the other board had a full time moderator like BassBarn and stripersonline then the no spot burn policy could be enforced. I think it's a good policy not so much because it prevents spot burning but because it helps prevent a feel good post like JPs about a personal best with a gimpy wrist and the comeback of the patapsco WWDs from taking a bad turn.

If CBAngler has a full time moderator (I am not volunteering, my employer has banned all non-business related electronic communication from firm owned devices...d'oh!) then it should have a no spot burning policy as well.

TIGHT LINES!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
can anyone tell me exactly where the bite is right now. I havent been fishing in about a month and dont want to search all over for fish? Thanks
N38 45 001, W76 25 752 - drop a 4oz trout bomb to the bottom.....all the big cows ya want.
Sandpiper Charters www.goinsfishin.com
Old 02-25-2010, 07:13 PM

I care because I risk my life in the winter
I care because I risk my job in the summer.
I care because I risk my marriage all year.