Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-18-2013, 01:04 PM

Default Stryker GoLight\excellent service

When I bought my used 2011 Judge 27 Chesapeake, it came with a GoLight. I have never been able to get the unit to work (who tests a spotlight during a sea trial). I have been the owner for almost 10 months now. I have added several new things to the boat to make it more to my liking. I pretty much have it where I want it (we are never completely satisfied, and always seem to add new things to our rides). I am now in the stage, where I am making sure that EVERYTHING on the boat is just the way I want it.

With the light not working, we replaced the batteries in the wireless remote. Still not working. We checked that we were getting power to the unit from the rocker switch on the panel. Still not working. We opened the unit up to look inside, to see if any wires were disconnected, and we checked the bulb. Still not working.
I decided to send the unit back to the manufacturer. I called and got a return ID number. I packed the unit up and sent it back. I was told they would either repair the unit, or replace it with a remanufactured unit. They do not sell new units to customers, this must be done through a dealer. I told them I had no warranty information, because I was the second owner. They took my phone number to call me if they needed to get in touch with me. I expected a phone call telling me the cost of the repairs, or the cost of a remanufactured unit.

Today, I received my unit back from them. a note inside says, "I have repaired your unit and cleaned it up for you. If you have any further issues, contact me" and the name of the technician who did the work.

No Charge

It is model 3100 (in white) with a wireless dash mounted remote. I would highly recommend this company to anyone thinking about a searchlight.

Stryker GoLight

5th (Marty)
Old 07-18-2013, 03:15 PM

I contacted them about buying a replacement bulb for mine...they offer to sell me one but the guy on the phone flat out told me that if it was his, he would go to Autozone and buy bulb XYZ - it's an exact replacement for 1/3 the price.

I did, it fit perfectly and saved about $20.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:59 AM

It's nice to hear some people still put SERVICE in customer service, not just the "Cuss"