Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 07-06-2014, 04:17 PM

Default I sure hope you are upwind of me- 7/5

I don't keep a log book or anything but today was I'm pretty sure my fist skunk of the year. Fished triples to LP. Caught them here yesterday afternoon but sure didn't have any luck today. Pulled hoses and bucktails. I think there was a jinx onboard.
Went in early as the crew wanted to go to Waterman's Day in Rock Hall. I'm sure they would have bit if I stayed out longer. Watched the anchor toss,dingy races, and of course the highlight was the boat docking contest. These guys sure are good at what they do.
Left the harbor and went and shot a few clay pigeons with the wife's new 20gauge. She did ok even though it was her first time.
At home now to wind up the day with a few cocktails and pet my Lab. Terrific redneck way to wind up the holiday weekend! ( Almost makes me forget about this morning's skunk!!! )

Old 07-06-2014, 07:14 PM

Pulled hoses that was your trouble

I swear, one day I'm going to get the hang of bending those dang things.

Did the "Worm" compete in the charter boat category? Drew can really back that boat in a slip. Watched him last year at Solomon's Rodeo.
They also had a young kid from Tilghman (like10 years old) that does a great job. Three generations of his family competed (Grandfather, father, son).
They said they were trying to get a TV channel to out together a show called "Chesapeake Cowboys". Did they mention that this year?

5th
Old 07-07-2014, 05:58 AM

Marty- there's the problem, I try to run them as straight as I can get them. Our biggest fish Sat came off hoses. Granted they were only 25" and 23" but better than the 10 others that tandems caught.

Worm was there and did well, I think he won that size class. Didn't see any young Cowboys there nor hear about them but the PA system was definitely lacking.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:32 AM

Where did ya go to bust clays?

I was at Pintail yesterday morning.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:41 AM

Hey Jeff,
Real good live line bite further south. Didn't smell a thing down by Bloody Point Good finally meeting you at Mike's......................Mark
Old 07-07-2014, 04:44 PM

My brides's brother owns a wobble trap and 40acres so since it was her first time, we decided to hit there without all those onlookers to add to the pressure. I didn't know Pintail was still open, will have to keep that in mind for the future.

Mlag- thanks for the info. Haven't done the LL thing yet and livewell pump currently not working for some reason. I guess I should try to fix it and give LL a shot. But been doing really well trolling until yesterday so haven't had a reason to do anything differently. Nice meeting you too!