Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-27-2010, 07:08 PM

Wow Mr. Rex, It appears you have some serious anger and homophopic issues.

I would still like to hear from Mr. Skip, I know he is posting, but he has yet to answer this thread. Again, not trying to be confrontational, but Mr. Faithful answered for him, I'd like to hear his answer. This is an issue that hits very close to home to me as I spent years, for numerous organizations, angling (no pun intended fellows) for what Mr. Skip is preaching, but I never then caught and kept a rockfish during the time I was asking for a closure.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Sorry, I don't choose to contribute to the whining sessions, Dr. Phil. Maybe you can have Slayer go over to your place, sit on your lap and discuss how sad you are about the mean fishing guys killing the itty bitty baby fishies.

Yeah, Slayer, I puked because I've never seen two men do what you and your special friend were doing on your boat. I don't think that many Zima bottles should ever be put in that "special place"--as you guys called. I'm sure you know what I'm taking about there, Old Phil.
Nope, not the slightest idea there Rexy... Sorry.. I'm a fisherman.. I fish, and I eat what I catch/kill... Never once "regreted" or cried over keeping a roe laden female. It's just part of the cost of being able to enjoy a rockfish dinner with my wife. The whole point to this was how people made such a big deal over how C&R kills rock fish and many feel it should be illegal, yet it's "legal" to catch and kill them while they're still spawning. Not saying i'm pro or against either. Just bringing this discussion back to where it was started, and not where your childish mind took with the "zima bottles".
Old 04-27-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old No.7 View Post
Nope, not the slightest idea there Rexy... Sorry.. I'm a fisherman.. I fish, and I eat what I catch/kill... Never once "regreted" or cried over keeping a roe laden female. It's just part of the cost of being able to enjoy a rockfish dinner with my wife. The whole point to this was how people made such a big deal over how C&R kills rock fish and many feel it should be illegal, yet it's "legal" to catch and kill them while they're still spawning. Not saying i'm pro or against either. Just bringing this discussion back to where it was started, and not where your childish mind took with the "zima bottles".
The ignore button is good for rex and a pair of others on this board.........Gary
Old 04-28-2010, 09:44 AM

Ron - you came late to the party so you missed the joke.

Long story short - DNR pushed for limiting C/R fishing in early spring.
Some were worried a fish C/R might not continue to migrate and spawn.

Many voiced their opinions about the slaughter off Va / NC ( 2 big Rock per person ) - poaching - Md kill season opening too early - but DNR did not want to discuss it.

FWIW: That roe fish was caught by a friend - he stopped by and asked me a favor to fillet it. After he left - I gutted her to confirm my suspicion.

It's funny ( not ) how all the vocal guys about C/R being bad are looking the other way on this season being slow / fish still with sea lice and roe.

At least they can not point the finger at the C/R group this time.

Maybe now DNR will address the real issue of too many big Rock being killed.

I push to release any over 40 inches.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:06 AM

It's funny - there is a saying - "a picture says 1,000 words" - in this case, many of you made up what that picture said (i.e., Skip kills pre-spawn fish and shows it on CB). I guess we can make up whatever 1,000 words we want.

Of course, our fishery was apparently managed by making up the 1,000 words that went with a bunch of pictures, so why not here?

Cheers,

bob
Old 04-28-2010, 10:36 AM

Wow, this Skip guy must be some sort of local hero. Between some of the posts and PM's definding his honor, there seems to be a lot of man-love for him. What's deal?

KING KONG AIN'T GOT NOTHIN' ON ME!
Old 04-28-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Wow, this Skip guy must be some sort of local hero. Between some of the posts and PM's definding his honor, there seems to be a lot of man-love for him. What's deal?
Lotta' "strokin'" goin' on!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:10 PM

It's a ploy to get me to put my GPS numbers in my will - naming them
as benefactors.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldMcDingle View Post
Wow, that is a shame to see. Let me preface this by saying, I am not controversial, or trying to be so, but if you are concerned about roe in the females, why are you keeping them? Why not C&R through the season and save the keeping until summer? I am very new to these websites, so forgive my ignorance!
Someone missed out on some great sarcasm!

As long as you got it, might as well cook up that roe! Almost as good as shad roe!

Hey has anyone noticed how people are making sure to say "We kept a post-spawn female" in their reports on TF? As if they're afraid of lashback. I'll admit I kept a 37" female w/ roe last weekend. Couldn't really tell she was a she, kindof slender, not all bulging in the belly. That's whjy a max size limit would be better than "keep only males".