Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-15-2014, 04:43 AM

Default Help a brotha out??

Calling all CBAnglers,

I REALLY need to catch fish on Saturday afternoon. Got a bragging rights challenge with a 34'Judge named TUNALIC. They have been below the bridge all season and fishing almost every day. I have stayed above the bridge the handful of times I've been out. With things slimming down up here, I am thinking I may have to run south to produce numbers.

Going scouting above the bridge a little later today but any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!!! FYI- It's based on quantity not quality.
A lot of trash talk going on already (and some of it's even coming from them!! )

PS- Please be aware I have a few cell numbers from down that way that I have collected in the past year or so and won't hesitate to use them if I feel it is JUSTIFIED! . 410-708-0087 my cell

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Old 05-15-2014, 06:47 AM

Hey Jeff
Remember that starting Friday you are allowed smaller rock so you may want to down size some of your stuff. We have been catching a few "unders" (25 to 27) pretty regularly this past week with several more misses that were most likely smaller fish. I will be out on Saturday but down in Bruce"s area. If you stay further north, the 30 foot ledge from from Baltimore Light all the way to Tolly's is usually good this time of year, but again I would down size some baits as big fish are heading out fast.
Good luck
Mark cell (301) 602-2148

27 Judge Chesapeake with "Red" curtains.........NOT "PINK"
Old 05-15-2014, 07:09 AM

Call Greg (bfaithful) and get his printing company to make a decal that says "Justified". Stick it on the back of Bruce's boat. Have him fish south and you fish north. Add up all the fish both of you catch for a major WIN

Simple,
5th
Old 05-15-2014, 04:33 PM

Find out their slip number - I'll reverse the prop.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Call Greg (bfaithful) and get his printing company to make a decal that says "Justified". Stick it on the back of Bruce's boat. Have him fish south and you fish north. Add up all the fish both of you catch for a major WIN

Simple,
5th
Jeff, I would love to help you out, however, unless I can catch fish in Bill Judges shop I can't help. I pulled my boat today to get some work done at Judge. It's a well deserved rest for me. I think I'm getting old We had a good spring. I will be in Florida for a few days and then on to Utah visiting my family for a few weeks. By the way we were getting shorts in the same area as well. One was probably 3" longer than the plastic shad, but most were 24 - 26".

Catch 'em up guys,

bhl (Bruce)
Old 05-15-2014, 07:35 PM

Well you diabolical folks have some darn fine ideas there. Thanks!!

Mlag- you were one of the numbers I was referring to

I tried the LP Buoy today and saw a few small marks but not much. Ran eastern channel edge down to sewer pipe before picking up and heading south. Lost my ENTIRE umbrella rig this time along with some expensive swivels and a 28oz weight I JUST replaced the lucky bait on that thing this morning!!!
Ran to the top of Popular Island as it was pretty snotty out. Wanted to fish BP but figured the only way without flipping a board was to start south and troll north with the wind/waves.
Long story shorter, a knockdown at 86, one mid-30's that was lost at/with the damn net, and a 37" in the box. Picked up by 5 and back to Tolchester in 50 minutes. Both fish hit white. I have been running a fair number of 6" shads on the lighter baits on tandems all season. Today 1 hit 9"and 1 hit 6" baits in 60' and 95' of water due west of 86.
1 fish for 4 guys is nothing to brag about but it wasn't a skunk, the guys that wanted fish for dinner got it, and everyone made it home safe and sound. Only saw maybe 9 boats fishing from Tolchester to Popular island- now that was REEEEEL nice!!

With tomorrow's weather forecast, I can't imagine that will help Saturday's fishing but stranger things have happened. I may just roll to Mikes for Sat afternoon and let TUNALIC think they really whipped me!

PS- if you see a pretty blue 34' Judge express currently going "towerless", feel free to cut them off, rock them with your wake, snag there planer board with your board, whatever!!

Thanks!!!