Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-17-2010, 09:42 AM

Default Buckhammer charters-mackenna jane II report

Fished yesterday 7-16. We ran to the 50 line inside the west wall of the Baltimore. Set the lines and started trolling east. While setting lines we hook a pair of gaffers losing one and boating a 15 lb bull. Spun around while Doug was resetting and caught another dolphin within a few minutes.

Continued east towards the 100 line and everything was quiet for about an hour when I saw the chick birds and a good slick. Trolled through it hooking three yellowfins boating all three. A very good grade of fish as each was over 60 lbs. I trolled the same spot for another hour with nothing. Headed south down the line and hooked a white on the long rigger. Nice fish fought it to the boat and as Doug was grabbing the leader the angler decides to put the rod in freespool, instant birds nest and a lost marlin. The charter wanted pics of the fish but that was not meant to be.

Trolled another 2 hours with nothing and then see tuna busting the water east of the fleet, troll through it hooking 6. We proceed to have the worlds largest mono filament spider web. Doug does a great job of unwraping as many as he can but unfortunately only 2 stay tight. And of the 2 only one gets boated.

We end the day with another white coming in on the flat line and I hook him on the bridge rod only to loose it after a short time.

Ended up 4 for 9 on yellowfins, 1 for 2 on whites and 2 gaffer dolphins. Fun day.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:34 PM

After fighting one 60+ yellow fin you are not real anxious to get right back on another I'd love to get a fresh yellow to munch on for the ride back to port! The whites are a little harder to catch but still you had a good day. Great table fare..........Gary