Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-06-2011, 11:08 AM

Default 103.1 WRNR - The Fisherman's Friend???

Yesterday Iwaslistening to the radio and herd two fishing related commercials about an hour apart. One for the upcoming MSSA tournament and one for Alltackle in Annapolis.

It was effective, for now I have an aching to go to Alltackle....I realize I haven't been in there since Feb.

I thought about entering the tournament, but after looking at last year's results there's no way we could compete. Yet. Maybe after some serious trolling practice we'll give it some thought for next fall.

I've still been having way too much fun catching 18 to 26" fish in the shallows. I guess I've been spoiled.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting to hear so much fishing stuff (compared to the other radio stations) on WRNR. Their audience base seems to be pretty wide, ranging from new alt-rock stuff to hippy music to 80's stuff, etc.

Maybe things like this will draw more people into the sport......and we won't have to hear of any more local bait and tackle stores closing.