Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-05-2010, 03:37 PM

Default Freshwater Fishing Report 4-2-2010

So I'm a few days late posting it.....

I was able to sneak out for a little bit late Friday to a small pond on the shore and land a few fish. They seemed to love the small Booyah boogie bait in white. I caught 8 or 9 largemouth, a bunch of White Perch and 2 big catfish. The one cat weighed in at 7 pounds, ten ounces.

The pond isn't very deep, but I'd say the fish were all holding in the mid range between shallow and deep. I love fighting with catfish!

Here's a 4 pound, 6 ounce largemouth:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00021-20100402-1549.jpg (50.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 04-05-2010, 03:45 PM

Hope you don't mind, I'd like to piggy back on your report.

Picked up 4 rainbow trout from the catch and return, special reg's portion of patuxent river (at least, I hope that was where I was). All pulling a green mepps XD slow against the current through a deep pool. Why care about dog food eating trout?...did so on 10 casts total during a 20 minute span 10 feet from the bridge, and actually, 2 of the 4 were locally reproduced (I don't call them native - and yes, I've done fisheries work and I can tell the difference). Not sure what the guy was doing who said there were no fish there. Nothing like 20 minutes of pullage on ultralight tackle.

Cheers,

Bob
Old 04-05-2010, 06:16 PM

Hell yeah man.....piggyback away! There's not enough freshwater chatter to justify separate threads anyway.

I buy my trout stamp every year, but I haven't targeted trout in 7 or 8 years.

I figured with as much as I like to pull over for a few minutes and fish during my travels it wouldn't hurt to have the stamp. Not that I'd keep the trout anyway.....

Sounds like you had a great day, and yes, any pullage on ultralights is a real hoot.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:29 PM

Exactly what I do...when I'm out doing my work, if I see a stream that has trout, I stop for about 20-30 minutes. It's not like these stocked streams are secret, so I'll try and post exactly where and how I do from now on.

When I lived in PA, pond-hopping was the way to go in the summer. I gotta start exploring more around here on that front as well.

Cheers,

Bob