Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-02-2014, 08:53 PM

Default Water rescue in front of marine terminal

Anybody know the operator of the 20ish ft. blue, Trophy CC, that was doing doughnuts in front of the Marine Terminal? Was wondering if he is ok. We were around the KB, when we heard tug Mark Moran, reporting person in water, with unoccupied boat circling. We went wot, got there just as the tug fished person out of the water. We stood by until only one victim was confirmed. He reported that he was reeling in a line, when he hit the throttle and got dumped overboard. His boat was was wot, doing doughnuts. Did stay around to watch CG, and DNR, corral the boat.

Joe
Old 10-03-2014, 05:29 AM

I heard the pinpoint. While getting skunked on the Chester last night. I guess that kill switch lanyard would have been handy if it was used properly. I never even give that a second thought but then almost never boat alone. Hopefully everything turned out ok for him and the rescue team involved.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:17 AM

Jeff, would tether have helped? He was tending to rods. With a CC that size, tether would hindered fishing. His rod holders were mounted on console. This is the first time that I have a boat with a kill switch, but seems difficult to fish while tethered. Probably a good idea while coming and going, but couldn't tend rods...

Last edited by Joe Walsh; 10-04-2014 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:23 AM

True, you could always add a few feet of line to it to give you the distance required to tend to rods. Then it would get hung up on things, be a pain in the a$$ and you would take it off anyway. Now we are back to square one except we have a tripping hazard lying all over the deck.

Simple solution, marry a gal lthat likes to fish so you don't have to go alone. I did!

Old 10-05-2014, 05:44 PM

They have something called an Autotether (I think that's it's name)

Wireless I believe. BOE sells them. Great for cold water applications. Although getting back aboard any boat is difficult. Our swim platforms make it a tad easier, but wet clothes work against you.

At least the boat wouldn't be doing circles

5th