Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-14-2010, 06:55 PM

Default Wachapreague, Two Day Suicide Run, with da Wife

Hey Guys, wife's been bugging me, when are we going fishing when are we going fishing ??? So Monday afternoon, we decided to kennel the dogs and make the run. Called Wachapreague Motel on the way, no problems for two nights. Called Captain Zeds, " Brian, its about time you get your ass down here !"

Called Sea Hawk Tackle, they close at 5:00 I ain;t gonna make it. Gave them my bait order over the phone, a CC number, " Brian it will be in the ice box waiting for ya"

So far so good ! Only SNAFU, we looked up a restaurant in Onacock... I'll say that again because i LOVE the name, Onacock.. and when we got there, they've been closed for three years !!! Oh well.. Found some grub on the way, arrived in Wacha about 8.. Key under the door.. AC on full blast.. Green eyed monsters protecting the door.. God Damn those things....

Day One.... SW winds.... over cloud... Not the perfect situation but not horrible. Fished the South side on the Inlet.. Only three boats there, all recs. Tough bite.. I mean really tough. Wind pushing us into shore all day. Arrived on a rising tide, HAD to leave on the outgoing.. It was pouring out. Made for a quick end to an " ok day " Wife had four, I had one. All undersized, of course.

Day Two.. Forecasted winds of 4 to 6 from SW, was actually 15/20.. God Damnit... Really tough to navigate a skiff with a half ass engine and a rising tide. Three Charters, all on South side of Inlet corner.. Captains backing the boats up, keeping the clients in clean fresh water... I can;t do that with the boat I have. So they did fairly well, alot of fish caught, alot of fish thrown back. Mean time I had to find safe haven from wind. Went into Inlet, behind the trees. Fished the shore in very short and annoying drifts. Nada for three hours.. Getting a little depressed here..

Went North and just found a place that looked " fishy" about 10 feet deep, protected from wind, out going tide.. Got some decent drifts and wife was rewarded with four fish, all about 17 1/2.

Meantime I got dick.....

Drifted down to the Inlet, along the beach, about 15 feet of water, and I'm slammed... My pole tip is in the water, my wife shouts " Thank GOD" and a minute later I land a 22" fish.. Thank God is right...

Overall, certainly not the best trip we've taken, but not the worst. WX man ****** me again, but whatta ya gonna do. ???

BEST part of trip.. Just before wife catches her four, she looks at my second pole, that I had set up with a small white spinner bait, on a 24" leader to a three way, with a 6" dropper loop for weight. I've been trying to catch a flounder with this rig for 6 weeks.. NADA... Denise looks at it and says, I like your thinking, can I try it ? I say absolutely..

She caught all four with that damn spinner bait, dressed with a minnow...

So... Jack, Phil, Jimmy...... It does work.....
Old 07-14-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakesdad View Post
Hey Guys, wife's been bugging me, when are we going fishing when are we going fishing ???

... I'll say that again because i LOVE the name, Onacock..

Meantime I got dick.....

... My pole tip is in the water, my wife shouts " Thank GOD"

BEST part of trip.. she looks at my second pole, ... Denise looks at it and says, I like your thinking, can I try it ? I say absolutely..
Brian; for a while there I thought Mel Gibson was giving us a fishing report.
Seriously; glad you made it down and back ok and got some pullage.
5th (Marty)
Old 07-14-2010, 10:15 PM

Not surprised you like the name "own-a-cock." Got any bikini pics of your wife?

"Catch & Release - A picture is worth a thousand fish"
Old 07-15-2010, 06:47 PM

OHHH YEAH!!!
Photos, Photos

I wana see "onacock"

TED
Old 07-16-2010, 06:35 AM

I always knew that your wife could out fish you… Glad you had a good time and got at least 1 keeper. Never tried the spinner bait thing but I did try jigging for them in OC a few weeks ago and never caught a fish.
Contact Info:
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
(301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail BCRodsandRepairs@aol.com
Old 07-19-2010, 04:34 AM

So, that's where you have been.