Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-09-2011, 01:41 PM

Default National Saltwater Angler Registry Question

Can someone tell me what is the deal with the NSAR? If I have a fishing license for my boat does everyone that fishes on my boat have to be registered? I'm so confused!
Old 03-09-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin Rock View Post
Can someone tell me what is the deal with the NSAR? If I have a fishing license for my boat does everyone that fishes on my boat have to be registered? I'm so confused!
Maryland is exempt from the Fed registration.
Boat sticker covers whoever the complimentary license is issued to - everyone else fishing on your boat needs to register with DNR (it's free), unless they hold their own license.
Individual fishing licenses cover the holder, commercial licenses cover the holder, charter boats cover everyone on board (because the charter boat capt. files reports).
Old 03-09-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikie View Post
Maryland is exempt from the Fed registration.
Boat sticker covers whoever the complimentary license is issued to - everyone else fishing on your boat needs to register with DNR (it's free), unless they hold their own license.
Individual fishing licenses cover the holder, commercial licenses cover the holder, charter boats cover everyone on board (because the charter boat capt. files reports).
Before the Magnuson-Stevens Act was updated, there was some concerns that the government could use the federal registration of fisherman to create a lottery for those that wanted to fish certain species.
Eric Schwabb just testified within the last few days, before a congressional committee. One of the subjects he brought up was the implementing of annual catch limits for rec anglers.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:22 AM

is there some way i could get a UPC, camera, and GPS tracker device implanted in my head now and just get it over with already?

might as well include flash memory with bank account and credit card numbers,...

Last edited by Southerly; 03-16-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerly View Post
is there some way i could get a UPC, camera, and GPS tracker device implanted in my head now and just get it over with already?

might as well include flash memory with bank account and credit card numbers,...
You joke, but 20 years ago who would have thought our entire lives would be contained on something like this?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg iphone.jpg (29.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-16-2011, 07:09 AM

Back on topic, we covered the question of the registry pretty decently in this thread:

http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1216