Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-06-2015, 04:18 PM

Default Spring PSCR

Well, I don't have much to report from above the Bridge. I really have had a half hearted attempt at fishing
I've been out twice. Trolled for two hours each time. First time out (Wed) the water was 42* hardly any bait or marks.
First trip hooked up a monster and she bent the barbless hook and got away. Today, I ran a single board with 3 umbrellas and three deep rods off the boat. Had a good "thump" as fish hit a board rod and I had her on for only 30 seconds.
Water was 46* and 47* when we quit at 2pm.

Really barren above the bridge (at least where I have been). Got reports of big bait and GANNETS below the bridge. My buddy sent me three pics. They had 8 knockdowns, got 5 to the boat, and took pics of three. Sounds like a great day with 6 rods.
Enjoy the pic's.
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1702.jpg (92.2 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by 5th Tuition; 04-06-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:19 PM

second picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1703.jpg (93.1 KB, 34 views)
Old 04-06-2015, 04:20 PM

Third Picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1704.jpg (93.8 KB, 32 views)
Old 04-06-2015, 04:57 PM

Dougie said NONE fell in the no-take slot. All were either under or over. Hope that holds true in a couple weeks.

Makes my head hurt to think about throwing a bunch of 38", 39" fish back and having to stay out grinding out a limit.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawn View Post
Dougie said NONE fell in the no-take slot. All were either under or over. Hope that holds true in a couple weeks.

Makes my head hurt to think about throwing a bunch of 38", 39" fish back and having to stay out grinding out a limit.
Just can't let it get into your head. I have called everyone that is going out with me and explained the slot limit. I told them that if they wanted to change their dates or cancel, it was OK. Only 2 groups decided to fish after the trophy season. I don't like the fact that everyone may not get a fish, but, I didn't make the rules.

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 04-06-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawn View Post

Captain John and Dougie had a good day. Without divulging too much, they were south of Deale
Tawn; my boat my be in your slip sooner than later
5th
Old 04-06-2015, 08:34 PM

Marty- at least you got out. I guess I better fuel up before Saturday?

Skip/any SRRKC tourney participants- Dont read this entire thread!! Marty has a medical condition that causes him to often lie. If he said he didn't do squat above the bridge, they MUST be thick up there. I can't believe he would post that fish are south, just to make you burn the extra fuel. . I think I remeber those pics from last year too; I wonder which spring they were really taken??? . I just looking out for you. See you Saturday.....

Old 04-07-2015, 10:23 AM

Good to hear they are on their way.

Jeff- Makes you want to put the boat on the trailer and head south, huh?
Old 04-07-2015, 10:24 AM

Thanks for the report, good to finally see one. Hopefully after this week of warm weather they will start the push north. Looks like John got into them pretty good though. I stopped by the marina yesterday afternoon and was entertained by a guy that launched his boat, fished at ramp while his kid did handstands on the pilings! I was waiting for the splash! Looks like all the algae I was showing you on Sunday is dying off and floating to the surface now. Ought to be interesting when it all makes it out to mainstream of the bay and starts fouling parachutes. I know " eat them words !"
Old 04-07-2015, 02:15 PM

Mike; if you look at the photos and ignore the fish, the water down south looks a lot better than up above the bridge. Our water isn't bad, just not as pretty as south.

Got another report today from someone who was out down south. They didn't see as much bait as Capt John. They had success trolling, but not quite the numbers as posted above.
5th