Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-27-2016, 02:09 PM

Default Roll call 10/29

I havent been fishing much due to crazy kid and family schedule this fall. Between high school sports for my son, dance and church activities with the girls, and visiting a couple service academies with my son. I havent had time to fish much the last couple of months.

Saturday will be a bit of a scouting day for me but I have a party that wants to light tackle fish. I will have trolling gear on board but hope to find fish schooled up. Plan is to run north from the bay bridge initially but will run south if need be.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:15 PM

I'll be heading out of the eastern Bay Area. Light tackle also
Old 10-28-2016, 06:17 AM

I'll be out fishing small marina tournament on Saturday. More than likely above the bridges. I will give you a call if I find anything but I can tell you last few times I have been out jigging there were a ton of dinks you had to go through just to find a couple barely legal fish. I did hear of a decent bite jigging in the shallows just south of love point, with some fish going 36". Good luck Greg I know if anyone will fill the box you will!

Last edited by Mako mike; 10-28-2016 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:44 AM

I am thinking that I will be Sunday, weather looks pretty good. Sure would appreciate reports from you Saturday folks...

Old 10-29-2016, 02:43 PM

We ran into the Chester and found mostly dinks. We ran south of the bridge and got our fish to 29". We had two over 28", 26" 2x24", 22, 20.

My party who was not very experienced at jigging caught all their keepers on chartreuse.

Fish were a bit scattered so trolling would have likely been a nice bite. Larger Fish were on a ledge between 32' to 22'. Birds were there but no concentrated hitting the water.

Old 10-29-2016, 05:51 PM

Thanks for the report
Old 10-29-2016, 07:05 PM

I plan to troll an 8 rod spread tomorrow at the mouth of the Chester. Ifish's report has me a little worried, but I will give it a go. With our newborn this Summer I have not gotten out much, so I am hoping for the best. I will give a report tomorrow evening.
Old 10-30-2016, 01:12 PM

I promised a report, but not much to report. I trolled the mouth of the Chester with a ton of other boats, including Justified, from 8-11. The FF was full of bait from the 24'-32' depths, but I could not buy a bite. I saw a few boats catch some dinks and heard a few cheers, so I assume they were nicer fish. I used 8 rods with a Tony 17 WWB, 6" and 9" parachutes, two spoonbrellas, and two deep umbrellas. There were birds in the area working and searching and a few surface "explosions". Hopefully, everyone else out there had better luck.