Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-18-2015, 08:20 AM

Default date issue

Why do the fishing reports from this week have May as the month of the report?

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 11-18-2015, 09:06 AM

Wishful thinking! But what do you expect from someone who forgets to take the motor out of gear before starting it. I probably spent a good amount of time troubleshooting the issue! Come on don't you remember what happened when he tried changing a cockpit light?
Old 11-18-2015, 10:54 AM

Breakaway, Garlein, and I all have had the dates changed to May in our titles

And yes; I was flustered while drifting in the channel "dead" in the water, with my crew switching batteries from 1 to 2 to "Both" and pushing reset buttons. I told them to "wait a minute" so we could think for a moment. It was then that Alan noticed the motor was in gear

What happened was; after a full day of trolling, I attempted to get up on plane for the run home. The motor started to shake and sputter like it had dropped a cylinder. I quickly dropped the throttle back to idle speed and turned off the key (without putting it in neutral). All I could think about was "turn the motor off so it wasn't damaged".
I even checked to see if the "kill switch" had come undone. I couldn't believe I left it in gear.
I have heard from two other Honda owners that have experienced the same "shutter" after trolling long hours. It appears the VST filter may need changing over the winter. It's due for year end service and I'm trying to squeak out another month before changing the fuel filter.
Once I restarted the motor, she ran strong on the way home stopping over several "bird shows" along the way. She restarted every time and confidence was restored
I will be keeping my TowBoat phone number closely tucked in my wallet for the remaining of the year
5th
Old 11-18-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako mike View Post
Wishful thinking! But what do you expect from someone who forgets to take the motor out of gear before starting it. I probably spent a good amount of time troubleshooting the issue! Come on don't you remember what happened when he tried changing a cockpit light?
Mike; I have to admit, the most useful tool on my boat is a PHONE
5th
Old 11-18-2015, 05:24 PM

Marty - I have twin engines and will run only one while trolling.

At least 2-3 times a year - I try to increase RPM's , using throttle of the engine not running.

First thought is - Oh no , what is wrong ? Then realize - operator error.

Love those type fixes - no cost ( other then pride ).