Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-19-2015, 12:51 PM

Default Please read tournament format changed

We are unable to secure a letter from the DNR in time for the tournament next weekend authorizing us to include rockfish in the format. Therefore rockfish cannot be used for a prize category. It can though still give you bragging rights to be the king af CBA.
I am in the process of securing door prizes and possible other categories we can include in this competition. Saying that I hope everyone can still contribute the entry fee so my out of pocket expenses are not that great. Should be able to secure nice gifts and I can provide receipts showing what was spent. Any money left over can go towards boat name in the hat drawing.
Sorry for the incoveinance this has caused, but really this competition was more of a way to get everyone together before winter sets in.
Again I apologize and I hope everyone can and will participate. Everything else will remain the same!
Old 11-19-2015, 01:00 PM

Thanks Mike. I'm still in and I would expect everyone else is as well. This was only really ever about getting together and having a good time.
If this turns out to be a good day, maybe we can apply to DNR for a rockfish tournament next year.
With only 11 or 12 boats entered, that's not enough for Jim (BOE) to get adequate advertisement. I'm sure he would sponsor us next year with enough time to get additional boats.

Thanks for the initial idea, it will still be a great day among friends and a chance to meet a few new members as well.
5th (Marty)
Old 11-19-2015, 01:23 PM

Thanks for putting this all together. Cash prize would have been nice, but it was really about getting together and having a good time. So if it's only about bragging and giving the other guys a hard time, I am good with that. Count me in.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:41 PM

I'm still in... Maybe smallest fish cooks the burgers and hot dogs.

Jeff, how are your grilling skills?????
Old 11-19-2015, 03:44 PM

We're still in with the new format. Should be a good time regardless.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:13 PM

I believe I have permission to run a tournament from DNR for the last Saturday of the open season. I know I filed for 2 dates since they implemented their rules of applying by Feb. I didnt do anything with them though. Let me double check.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Ragrets View Post
I'm still in... Maybe smallest fish cooks the burgers and hot dogs.

Jeff, how are your grilling skills?????
Dear Raggedy- it doesn't matter 'cause I am OUT!! I don't like anyone on this board enough to hang out for free (including Mrs Chessie27!!). If there is no pay day, how can I pay for the fuel to run to the Jersey shore to catch the winning fish??? JUST KIDDING!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS, we are in!! OXOXOX

And when we win, I plan on bragging REALLY Loudly!!

Old 11-19-2015, 06:04 PM

Well, up yours, we only put up with you because of your wonderful wife......ooops sorry, just read the second half of your post

Jeff, remember, you can overnight at the marina. But then that would take you farther away from the C&D canal and up the Jersey coast

Looks like the biggest slug of fish is off Beach Haven New Jersey. I guess water temps aren't moving them south very quickly. Looks like another year of fishing for resident fish off Point Lookout for us.
5th
Old 11-19-2015, 06:06 PM

Tim (Dillgaf)
I tried to contact you to let you know about the changes, but your Private Messages for this site are not turned on.
Marty
Old 11-19-2015, 06:51 PM

Damn this is getting serious?