Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-21-2015, 06:20 PM

Default Not too bad of a day

Decided to stay clove to home to hone skills for next weekend. Gotta to admit after today you boys stand a chance! Left the Bodkin a little past seven and was met with a much stiffer breeze than forecasted, but what's new.
Decided to stay in Ptap to get somewhat out of wind and with lines in less than a half hour 22" in the box. Hey may not be a bad day after all. Well two hours later second fish comes over rail and its out if same cookie cutter, another 22". Stuck it out til wind died a little bit and ran down to bridge looking for birds after lunch and not long after greeted by a bunch of terns, big deal but only show in town. Started jigging around the outside of them and just as expected, " dinks". Played with them for a bit when Mike (Garlein) came past us and shot the b.s. A few minutes and decided to head torwards the barn. On way back noticed TWO birds sitting on a slick and gave it a whirl. Third cast by Dale yielded a fat 24" ! Tried to get something else out of slick but no luck and headed to the barn to clean up. All in all not a bad day but body paying for it now.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:12 AM

You better up your game over the next week or so 'cause I plan on catching at least a 40". Of course in an effort to sustain the species, I will release it and you guys can just take my word for it!?!

Nice table-fare and I agree, the wind forecast was just a little off today.